1998 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Sleek and Luxury In One
By jillion on 04/14/09 01:40 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Definitely a luxury vehicle. Moving from one state to another,...requested a simple oil change (high quality products)from a quick lube shop that allowed a trainee to perform the oil change (without oversight), etc... overtightening then causing engine to leak and eventually fail (cost me $6,500 to fix).

1998 Olds Aurora
By David Kehne on 12/17/08 18:42 PM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This is a great car to have for just plain comfort and getting groups of five adults around. The style still turns heads even if it looks a bit overgrown by today's standards. The Northstar-inspired engine still burns rubber and the rear seat, not that I've travelled while there, is one of the most comfortable ever put in a sedan. This car is a great one to have in addition (or instead) of an SUV. The trunk is large but the size of its opening does present some limits.

great car
By frank jones on 05/28/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This car has been a pleasure to drive and i highly recommend it. The engineering is great. The engine seized up at 101,000 miles on it so we brought to a guy and he put a surplus motor in it with 60,000 miles on it and now the car runs strong as an ox. The repair cost was 4,000 but the guy guarantees the motor for another 100k miles and we have no doubt it will last longer.

Head bolts 98 aurora
By browneyez on 04/01/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I love my 98 aurora. I have 225,000 miles and still looking good. I did blow a head gasket from broken water pump. When I replaced the gaskets I ran into a problem when the head bolts were stripped out. Do not buy the heli coils they will not work and you will waste a lot of money. the only kit I found to work is the Time Sert Big Serts. The cost is high but the kit is complete and now that the job is done my favorite car is back on the road running like a champ.

It's Been a Good Car!
By Guy on 12/26/06 15:59 PM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

After 10+ years of driving BMWs this car was a surprise. I didn't like driving it. The wife liked it, so we bought it. Six years later, I love it. It is rock solid, low maintenance, gets good gas mileage and is great to commute in.

The Best
By andy on 07/28/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I have had my Aurora for seven years, almost twice as long as any other vehicle! It has absolutely been the best car I have ever owned, except for the depreciation. I love this car. The one problem that I had with it (fixed while under warranty) was the alternator went. Since then all it has needed is tires, oil changes, and gas! What else can one ask for in a car?

1998 aurora
By dale on 05/17/06 22:47 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I love my car. I am 6' 5" and I am a little cramped, but I found this car for $5,000. What a steal!

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora
By JP on 09/10/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

My 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora was a great used car value. It had a bold design, good perfromance and was very reliable. All ever bought for it was tires and a new battery.

1998 Olds Aurora
By Claudia on 04/08/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I couldn't be happier with my pearl white Aurora. I bought it 2 years old with only 5,000 miles on it. It was like brand new! It runs like a top and I have never had any mechanical problems with it. I did have a problem with the horn not honking, which turned out to be pinched wires under the airbag in the steering wheel. A bit costly (~$250) to fix, but worth it. It is fun to drive if you like speed and power. It feels like you are going slower than reality, so be careful not to get a ticket! :-)

What, me worried?
By Blurondo on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

The car is over six years old, has 92,000 mi. and it still performs like it did when I got it in 2000. Great for city or highway driving; 18+ mpg in town and 23+ mpg on long trips. Rising gas prices have generated thoughts of switching to something else but I don't think I could stand the shock. Had to replace the directional switch, apparently not totally uncommon, for an uncommon price of $550.00.