Used 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Sleek and Luxury In One
By jillion

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Definitely a luxury vehicle. Moving from one state to another,...requested a simple oil change (high quality products)from a quick lube shop that allowed a trainee to perform the oil change (without oversight), etc... overtightening then causing engine to leak and eventually fail (cost me $6,500 to fix).

Especially enjoy the heated seats on very cold mornings and nights. Great ride without exterior noise, has backup rotating mirrors, great soundsystem, enjoy versatile sunroof, conforms to allow it to glide and hug the road in any weather condition for true comfort. Should have never discontinued.

Dealerships overcharge for basic simple services...oil changes, hose replace- ments, brakes, wiper replacement... Either be more reasonable or is the answer impose state controls.

1998 Olds Aurora
By David Kehne

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This is a great car to have for just plain comfort and getting groups of five adults around. The style still turns heads even if it looks a bit overgrown by today's standards. The Northstar-inspired engine still burns rubber and the rear seat, not that I've travelled while there, is one of the most comfortable ever put in a sedan. This car is a great one to have in addition (or instead) of an SUV. The trunk is large but the size of its opening does present some limits.

Very comfortable seating and logical dash. Solid sound system and overall build. The climate control is flawless and the ride is old GM smooth, not as cushy as some from the "hey day" but clearly one that is respectable in handling but with a bit of plush comfort. You'll love it.

Should have had fold down rear seats and more thought to the size of the trunk opening.

great car
By frank jones

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This car has been a pleasure to drive and i highly recommend it. The engineering is great. The engine seized up at 101,000 miles on it so we brought to a guy and he put a surplus motor in it with 60,000 miles on it and now the car runs strong as an ox. The repair cost was 4,000 but the guy guarantees the motor for another 100k miles and we have no doubt it will last longer.

computer, stereo, 10-disk cd changer in the back, the power of the northstar v-8.

really no more improvements, the engine problem was unexpected and it did burn a hole in our pocket but the car runs like a tank.

Head bolts 98 aurora
By browneyez

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I love my 98 aurora. I have 225,000 miles and still looking good. I did blow a head gasket from broken water pump. When I replaced the gaskets I ran into a problem when the head bolts were stripped out. Do not buy the heli coils they will not work and you will waste a lot of money. the only kit I found to work is the Time Sert Big Serts. The cost is high but the kit is complete and now that the job is done my favorite car is back on the road running like a champ.

I love the sleek body style, the leather, and the way the car rides down the road. The car is so roomy I have no problems fitting the kids and all of our necessities and some of our non necessities in it.

Stay away from from the dex cool. I have had problems with it in the past. I changed over to the regular when I had the motor rebuilt. Works beautifully.

It's Been a Good Car!
By Guy

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

After 10+ years of driving BMWs this car was a surprise. I didn't like driving it. The wife liked it, so we bought it. Six years later, I love it. It is rock solid, low maintenance, gets good gas mileage and is great to commute in.

It is reliable, low maintenance, and comfy.