1997 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Great Car
By dkarnes on 06/01/14 09:18 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

A great car have had since new,16years and 121,000 miles, nice style, power, good ride. No major issues, except leaks oil, minor trim issues with rubber seal around trunk, mirror comes loose and costs ~$600 to change plugs/wires. Had A/c compressor changed 3 times ( no charge, life time warranty)

Love the Nana car
By nanaloveshers on 08/08/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought my Aurora a year ago at an auction, I am only the second owner and it had 90,000 miles on it when I bought it. We were not in Modesto on preview day, so did not even know if it ran, but it was in such pristine condition and had such low mileage I took a chance. I paid $3000 for her, and she started right up and i have been in love ever since. This car looks as good as it did the day it left the showroom and while the in-town mileage is not very high, on the highway she gets between 27-34 mpg. My son the mechanic says with the low mileage I put on it and timely maintenance it should last me many years.

I miss my Aurora!
By DMS on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I love this car however I don't have it anymore,but given the chance again I would go back to a V8 Aurora any given day. This car had every thing and It satisfied my need for 'power' and speed' performance was good enough for me.The 250 hp is great I have raced other cars who just thought this was an ole man car? oh man they were surprised. this is the only V8 car that I would purchase used again and again. pure American horsepower. i'm going to get another one really soon.

I Love Her
By Cindy on 08/16/09 07:33 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I do love my car. She drives like a dream, she has all the little extras I wanted. I am 2nd owner & have had for nearly 10 yrs. Yes I have had to have some repairs and they were costly but to me worth it. ^The only problem Ive had is the radio/cd/cassette. I have purchased 2 new ones and both times the cassette has went out. And ever since I've had my girl she about every 3 to 4 wks I have to put 2 qts. of oil in. She doesn't leak oil or smoke. But it goes somewhere. Also the paint has flaked off really bad and I have noticed this in oter same year model Aurora's. She gets average gas mileage. I think I'll keep her. She's paid for and she has been good to me. Again I love my car.

So many good things and so many bad!
By twelveboy on 04/06/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had about 75k miles on it and drove it for a year to about 89k miles. I loved the highway acceleration and the sound of the beautiful engine and quiet comfortable interior. However the rear seal on the engine leaked oil onto the exhaust manifold just under the engine which was a serious fire hazard and after paying $3000 TWICE, the problem was not fixed. Just after that a head gasket was blown. I traded it in as soon as I could!

Reliable, at a price
By Chuck on 03/28/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 2002 with only 23K miles. Has been a great vehicle. Only complaints are the pricey repairs that started at about 84K, A/C, electrical problems, Oil pan seal (requires transmission removal to replace seal) MPG 19-20 City, up to 32 Hwy.

?
By bigmac on 10/27/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

The car drives smoothly and has plenty of power. I have no problems except for the fuel injectors went out at 120,000

I bought a good car
By dan on 08/05/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

The car just ran and ran for me and I only kept the fluids changed in it. People always asked to buy it. I know a guy his trans went out and a lady went to the shop 4 times each time it cost her 1000 guess I just got a good one. It had 107k mi on it when I bought it. Outside still looks good. I believe you have to be careful who you get to work on any car. Ask them if they really know how to repair this or am I going to have to keep bringing it back to you ask if they recommend someone who knows more about your auto. And look them in the eye tell them you don't mind paying as long as they really fix it right please don't have me coming back just to milk my wallet.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By rbeaver on 08/03/08 21:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car. I was very disappointed when it was discontinued. When I look at its styling, it still outshines today's newer cars. Yes it is more expensive to maintain; but cheaper then buying a new car.

One of the best ever
By Carl E Council on 06/27/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I am getting 32.5 mpg. I started in a town. Call Hopkins SC a drove to South Bronx New York 77 north to 81 north to 33 east 80 west. Fill the car in SC $4.00 a gal $68.00 to fill up. At 65 mph with air conditioning, NC, VA, WV, MD, PA.645 miles on 15 gal of fuel. Left Pa going to Bronx for the day. Left and went to up state NY to a town call Becon for the day. Left and went to Paterson NJ.1000 mile later I have spend a total of $122.50.