1995 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (48 reviews )
my aurora
By brianeaton on 07/05/11 15:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 oldsmobile aurora it is one of two i have a 1972 chevelle ss and i would love to get my aurora in tip top shape bout to rebuild it all i recomend keeping a car like this it is a family/ sports car and im not getting rid of mine any time soon

9 years of Aurora Love!
By Bill on 07/11/10 05:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Bought my second '95 Aurora last year after turning 225,000 miles on the first one (still in the family and driven by son), this latest was a low mileage dark cherry metallic. Over the year it has not disappointed! Needs some new shocks but now with 99,000 miles, still rides like a dream and pounds out the acceleration. Only problem, where will I get another when this one fades?

Love the Aurora
By Sara on 11/04/09 13:35 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Well for the last three years I have had an Aurora and I love the way it looks and sounds and the way it makes me feel and my family feels while riding in it. Now I have to Find a parts car to fix some things on it that have never been fixed before,but it is hard considering that I haven't found one that isn't in really bad condition, and that is all it is good for. So you see it is hard to fix the little things on it so it can appciated for a long time to come.

Ignition Coils Bad and Trans
By Jeff on 08/07/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I actually still do love my Aurora. It only had 98,000 miles on it but my complaint is that the transmission went out and cost 2800 to replace and two out of the four ignition coils died! Other than that it has been pretty good!

7 years on, STILL in love
By mrbill on 06/03/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Since last review my Aurora has experienced only a loose PCV fitting and HVAC computer failure (replaced with eBay part for $50). Now at 200,000+ miles, the engine is still tight and the transmission is still solid. Paint chips from the Interstate evident. After 15 years of use, the black leather interior is still gorgeous and this car is a true power machine, very fast and still a great looking car. This is the fifth Olds that I have had in my life and it is by far the best. Sorry, GM messed up when it killed the Olds division, but it appears GM has made consistently bad decisions since. GM recently sold the prototype at auction for $16,500 - major disappoint to me that I missed it.

5 years and MORE in love!
By mrbill on 07/02/08 05:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Bought 5 years ago as low-mileage used vehicle in prime condition, now with 185,000 miles, no leaks, no oil consumption, no regrets. Electronics all work as does air suspension and every other feature. This is my daily driver and the car we take on trips anywhere. Starter required replacement ($$) but that is the only problem this year. The Northstar engine is great, the car is responsive and a powerhouse. With Olds now gone, the wife has moved to Chrysler and I may too when this car finally dies - if it ever does.

Expensive but unique ride
By GA doctor on 06/08/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with less than 50,000 miles and it's been a dream to drive, comfortable, fast, reasonably economical with smaller Northstar engine. Now with over 100,000 miles, and on a salvage engine, after the original cracked its block, it's not so fun to own. All major components have been repaired at considerable expense (transmission, A/C, power steering pump, fuel pump twice, misc. other items), and I've thrown in the towel and trying to sell it. It's a shame that GM can't back up their futuristic big car with some decent reliability. I'm driving only foreign iron now. It's nickname is "Old Man" and beginning to act like it.

Best sedan ever own/driven!
By Donna on 04/28/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 51000 miles, and it now has over 200,000 miles. I still love the car and haven't driven another one that comes close to the Aurora. No major mechanical issues ever. I've used synthetic oil always and premium fuels. I would purchase another Aurora, just like the one I own, any day.

One of GM's Better Ideas
By Norm Schultz on 03/04/08 18:30 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I love the car for comfort, handling, relability and fuel economy for a v/8, it is exceptional. It is a very good North American auto, how ever if there is an electical or technical problem the GM dealerships are at a loss as to what it may be. Therefore in most cases it is an extremely frustrating and expensive experience.

4 years on and still in love
By mrbill on 07/03/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Now with 162,000 miles, no leaks, no oil consumption, no regrets. Other than the deer and cement block on the interstate that I hit, no damage or surprises other than an A/C compressor. The mini-Northstar engine is great, more power than I deserve!

1 2 3 4 5 next »