Inexpensive and Pleasing
By Foxy on
2004 Oldsmobile Alero GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
The standard 2.2 L engine in the Alero has a bit of torque and is peppy and fun to drive. The Alero coupe's appearance is classy, yet sporty enough to be an attractive car. I've owned my Alero for three years, and while it's not an envy-worthy car, I get great gas mileage, and it's been VERY inexpensive to maintain. I have had ZERO major problems with my car. I've only had to repair the lifter on the automatic window. Probably my fault it broke. I paid $10K for my car when it was a year old, and my payments are very low. I'd recommend the Alero for anyone (like me) who's fresh out of college, has a limited budget, and needs NICE, affordable transportation.
Favorite Features
Automatic seat lifter, beautiful appearance, gorgeous interior styling, comfort, good gas mileage, swift driving, good handling, side padding for the backseat (coupe model only), awesome A/C unit.
Suggested Improvements
Needs more treatment around the fog lamps - perhaps a mesh cover to protect them from chips. ABS SHOULD be standard. More functional cup holders, and a lock for the glove box would be nice.