Used 2004 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

Don't even hesitate to buy one.
By PatrickD844

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2004 Alero for just over 3 years now. I bought it barely used with 15k on it, and now it has about 58k. It has been an exceptional car, starting every single time, and never letting me down. The only times it's been in the shop have been for maintenance/wear and tear items. A very well made car, and well worth the money I paid for it.

Styling, handling, fun to drive. Hugs the road like a sports car.

Seats are slightly uncomfortable during long trips. Lumbar support would be nice.

Quick and Sweet
By foxyfennec

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Olds Alero Coupe for almost two years...Oldsmobiles were a family tradition, and I was pleased to be able to own this classy little car before Olds was canned for good. I favor the Alero because it's not a dorky car, and it's not a boring Honda/Toyota. Its exterior design has a lot of personality and class. I get a lot of looks of approval in my little gal, and she's as stock as the day I bought her! So far, I have had ZERO problems with this car. She is very reliable and so much fun to drive. The Alero is quite possibly the most underrated car of the decade. Needless to say, I've gotten my money's worth, and a whole lot more.

I love the sleek design and having a modestly-priced, attractive coupe. My Alero is VERY eager to take off from a complete stop. It's amazing what that little 4-cyl Ecotec can do. She handles smoothly, the ride is comfortable, and I love the cozy interior.

A performance-bred model would have been neat. Not so tacky and boy racer-ish (like the EVO and WRX), but impressive - like a Porsche. America really needs a performance vehicle that ISN'T made for the trailer parks.

Alero - Often Overlooked
By foxyfennec

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

While the Olds Alero is not a super-awesome performance vehicle, it has made me very happy. It gets decent gas mileage, is pleasant to drive and own, and its styling gets a few looks. It's a good used car to have - I've had no problems with this car yet.

It should have been produced with more performance options. It's handsome enough to be a competitor.

OK, I guess
By Scott

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this I did not know the resale value was going to plummet into the ground, so it's a good thing it's a fairly dependable car. It gets decent mileage, but I hate the interior design, specifically the center console. It's as if it were an oversight that only one person would have anything to drink in the front, and the rear cupholder is cheap and keeps pulling out of its sockets. However, it has decent "zip" and has ample trunk room.

The AM/FM/RDS CD stereo system is much nicer than I expected, and it has automatic day and headights, etc.

Not really applicable since they literally don't make Oldsmobiles anymore. If they did, they'd have to overhaul the interior design.

WWooooooooHoooooo!!!
By Giorgio

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I found me a 2004 Alero GL with the 6-cyl. engine with only 29,000 miles for about a little half the price of retail when new. What a deal! It took me a whole month to find the one I wanted and it's worth every penny! This car is a lot of fun to drive and is a good looker too. This what I want to be driving now and not the regular brands that everyone else is driving out there for a lot more money. Couldn't be happier, best car decision I've ever made. Made in America baby!! Whooohooo!!

The 6-cylinder engine.