2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
Great car
By The Baron on 04/07/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased this car, and, I love it. I have never owned a car this new before, but, I love the new car feel. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an inexpensive alternative to higher priced and highly overrated Import cars.

Keep the Alero
By Ray Sarchet on 02/24/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Its a darn good car, comfortable, affordable with good fuel economy. Its the kind of car America ought to be driving!

A great surprise
By pshaulk on 01/28/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm finding out what a great car I bought in my 2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1! It's champagne, with "oak" interior. I love the power seats and comfort, plus the satilite radio. I enjoy having a classy little car without it costing more than my first home.

Bought Two Of Them
By FLORIDA JOE on 01/23/05 01:08 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter and sister each had their cars totalled. I bought low mileage used Aleros for each of them. At less than 11K for such a feature laden car you can't beat them. They both looked like new cars with very low mileage. They love their new Aleros and I feel good that they are in a dependable car.

Alero is an Arrow
By Sharkey on 12/27/04 22:48 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Alero. All is good with the car. If there were one thing I could change on it, that would be the road noise. I am running Goodyear Eagle GT,s, and the road noise is a little high. Other than that, the car is GREAT !! The handling is quick and precise. The trunk has lots of room ! Seats are great. I guess there is one other thing I would change, and that is the headroom. I am a little tall though. But with the seat adjustment, I can lower the seat to a comfortable possition and all is good. Two of the best features of the car are its suprising power and its AWESOME looks. I DO LOVE THIS CAR !!!!!

My alero
By marilis on 12/19/04 00:06 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding, very good car it was worth every penny. iv'e have not had one problem since day one.

new owner
By bildar on 11/13/04 10:47 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Haven't owned it long but love it

WOE MULE!!
By inkeyjr on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been an Olds owner for exactly one year and 3 weeks and already I have racked up a ton of miles. The car is addictive to drive and the acceleration is awsome. Only one thing, the interior is mighty cheap as well as a few minor electrical problems that have started to occur when I hit the 50,000 mile mark. Overall, I'd say that this vehicle is great engine wise) however it is not intended for people who want to steer away from speeding tickets.

What a deal.....
By vodie on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I needed to replace a mini-van that was worn out and I was plain tired of minivans. Honda Element... too wierd, Honda Civic..too small, Accord...too $$. I have owned a couple Hondas and they have the occasional quality issue anemic heaters etc. A used car lot had a Buick Rendez. and noticed a dozen 2004 Alero program cars. They were clean, comfortable, and CHEAP. I got an 6cyl, with ABS, power seat, CD and wing. Hey this is comfy and I was out the door for $11000 and they took my Chevy APV with a bad tranny on trade. The Alero is nice, ABS is good compared to the unrefined ABS Chevy put in the APV in 1995. There is a fit problem with the center dash vent. I am HAPPY and NOT car poor.

Love it!
By TashaKathryn on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Alero 5 days ago. I really like it and it feels durable. Has nice features and looks sleek. Hoping the car with be dependable and last.