2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
Less than thrilled
By berniegir60 on 05/19/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Have had several problems - Have had to replace a couple of body bushings and @ less than 50K miles had to replace left front wheel bearing almost a year to the day later had to replace right front wheel bearing because of a bad sensor(would turn off ABS & traction control) nothing wrong with bearing, but cannot replace just the sensor. Only have 1 speed on the fan-high, so have to now replace the blower motor and with about 70K miles both rotors are warped and need replaced. The CD player does not always eject the CD properly. Turning radius is not good and city gas mileage is a little disappointing.

Good Car
By tntrocker513 on 05/11/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, and moves when I tell it to. Good first car if you ask me. The body is an eye catcher and my friends like the ride of it. And the gas I save is great. The only problem I see right now is noise I get when I slow down. Its not bad but it is annoying. All it is the brakes need to be cleaned. All and all its a great car.

Olds Alero 2004
By Jess on 04/22/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After having a Chevy 2001 Blazer this is the best car that I could have ever got with how expensive gas is. I bought it with only 9,000 miles on it and it now only has about 36,500 miles and I was the second owner of the car.

Best Olds ever
By galaxybeing on 04/07/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Alero owned by my wife and me. She has been driving her 99 Alero since 2000. A super car. She has 110,000 miles on it now and it is still a great looker and a terrific little speeder - especially with the K&N air filter, which make sit roar. Both aleros, I drive the 04 have the 3.4 engine, which I highly recommend to anyone considering buying an Alero. Great styling, too, for the price range. Keep Mobil 1 in the crankcase and the engine will always show the driver its appreciation. So far, the 99 Alero needed an alternator and a front strut replaced. As well, the hazard switch broke but will be repaired free under a recall order. The 99 is super fast - much faster than the 04,

It was fun !
By Fun car on 08/31/07 21:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 3 years. For the most part, I really liked it. It wasn't a roomy car. Taller people had a hard time with the leg room and the head room. There was some clinking noise behind the radio, they couldn't figure out. The driver's door window seal wasn't tight, and would sometimes leak water when it rained. In the winter time I had the most problems.The driver's door wouldn't latch tight when I shut it every time. I would have to spray W-D 40 on it for it to shut properly. The worst part was the brakes. If I hit snow or ice, especially going downhill, there was no stopping the car. The brakes sounded as if they were grinding, bad. All in all, it was a smooth ride.

Don't even hesitate to buy one.
By PatrickD844 on 05/15/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2004 Alero for just over 3 years now. I bought it barely used with 15k on it, and now it has about 58k. It has been an exceptional car, starting every single time, and never letting me down. The only times it's been in the shop have been for maintenance/wear and tear items. A very well made car, and well worth the money I paid for it.

Quick and Sweet
By foxyfennec on 03/01/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Olds Alero Coupe for almost two years...Oldsmobiles were a family tradition, and I was pleased to be able to own this classy little car before Olds was canned for good. I favor the Alero because it's not a dorky car, and it's not a boring Honda/Toyota. Its exterior design has a lot of personality and class. I get a lot of looks of approval in my little gal, and she's as stock as the day I bought her! So far, I have had ZERO problems with this car. She is very reliable and so much fun to drive. The Alero is quite possibly the most underrated car of the decade. Needless to say, I've gotten my money's worth, and a whole lot more.

Alero - Often Overlooked
By foxyfennec on 02/27/07 23:49 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

While the Olds Alero is not a super-awesome performance vehicle, it has made me very happy. It gets decent gas mileage, is pleasant to drive and own, and its styling gets a few looks. It's a good used car to have - I've had no problems with this car yet.

OK, I guess
By Scott on 10/12/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this I did not know the resale value was going to plummet into the ground, so it's a good thing it's a fairly dependable car. It gets decent mileage, but I hate the interior design, specifically the center console. It's as if it were an oversight that only one person would have anything to drink in the front, and the rear cupholder is cheap and keeps pulling out of its sockets. However, it has decent "zip" and has ample trunk room.

WWooooooooHoooooo!!!
By Giorgio on 09/08/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I found me a 2004 Alero GL with the 6-cyl. engine with only 29,000 miles for about a little half the price of retail when new. What a deal! It took me a whole month to find the one I wanted and it's worth every penny! This car is a lot of fun to drive and is a good looker too. This what I want to be driving now and not the regular brands that everyone else is driving out there for a lot more money. Couldn't be happier, best car decision I've ever made. Made in America baby!! Whooohooo!!