2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
174,000 miles and still going
By danroberts1964 on 07/07/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used 2 years ago and it now has 174,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Only problems I have had was the fuel pump and the alternator went out. Oh and the pass key thing had problems but there is a easy fix for that if you Google it and it consists of a inexpensive diode being soldered into the wiring. Would I recommend this car even with the high miles mine has.... You bet I would.

Family Car
By aldhur on 01/05/13 21:55 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For the price we paid, this is a wonderful family car. There is more than enough trunk space to carry our baby stroller and a full cart of groceries. Gas mileage is decent: we average between 20-25 MPG.

Unlikely to Recommend
By Lucky on 07/16/10 07:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Alero v6 4 door. Let me put it this way, I have had the car for 6 years and there is a new problem every time I turn around. I have had the brakes and rotors replaced 3 times. The wiring harness behind the steering wheel was replaced once and needs to be replaced again. This car is a magnet for old people to hit. Now my car wont start. This has to be the worst car I have had. General maintenance isn't doing anything for this car.

Great Ride
By Ethan on 07/08/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

we bought this car with around 15,000 miles on it, and there is now around 96,000 on it, and the only thing i have ever had to do to it is have the passlock replaced and brakes, never one single problem with this car ever. this has to be one of the most reliable, bang for the buck, i have ever purchaced. i have even put on a magnaflow cat back and a K&N intake on it and watched the MPG rise even higher, on high way i can manage over 30+ mpg and i even have a V-6 and over 200hp now. if your in the market for a great car and by the years passing pretty cheap now. jump on it. im 26 and this is my 15th car and best one to date for reliability.

The performance is horrible!
By oklahoma man on 11/25/08 11:15 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice car. However, the performance stinks! It takes forever for the the throttle response to kick in. It's like they took this heavy car and put a go cart engine in it! It's loud but not powerful at all! Barley gets up to speed on the highway. I tried to go around a Sunfire and couldnt even do it! But every time I turn the key I know it will start. Oh and the handling is terrible too. And they dont make any performance or upgrades for this car! Nothing!

good car
By Dana on 07/30/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago used and it has not failed me yet. After I first bought it I had it checked by a mechanic and the only problem was a small leak in the transmissions right axle but the dealership fixed it for me after ordering the part and I haven't had any problem since. Great car.

great used buy
By chip on 06/08/08 22:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent used car buy. Does everything well at bargain basement price. Last of the low cg gm midsize vehicles. Recently put 245 45 16 series bridgestone potenza tires and handling is phenomenal. (have owned corvettes, lotus, and Audi a-4 turbos) 6 cyl auto mpg over 26 at real speed (75 mph+).

Good Car
By tntrocker513 on 05/11/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, and moves when I tell it to. Good first car if you ask me. The body is an eye catcher and my friends like the ride of it. And the gas I save is great. The only problem I see right now is noise I get when I slow down. Its not bad but it is annoying. All it is the brakes need to be cleaned. All and all its a great car.

Olds Alero 2004
By Jess on 04/22/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After having a Chevy 2001 Blazer this is the best car that I could have ever got with how expensive gas is. I bought it with only 9,000 miles on it and it now only has about 36,500 miles and I was the second owner of the car.

Best Olds ever
By galaxybeing on 04/07/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Alero owned by my wife and me. She has been driving her 99 Alero since 2000. A super car. She has 110,000 miles on it now and it is still a great looker and a terrific little speeder - especially with the K&N air filter, which make sit roar. Both aleros, I drive the 04 have the 3.4 engine, which I highly recommend to anyone considering buying an Alero. Great styling, too, for the price range. Keep Mobil 1 in the crankcase and the engine will always show the driver its appreciation. So far, the 99 Alero needed an alternator and a front strut replaced. As well, the hazard switch broke but will be repaired free under a recall order. The 99 is super fast - much faster than the 04,

1 2 3 4 5 next »