2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
An excellent automobile
By TERRIFIC on 11/15/09 07:14 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Alero. It has the 4 cylinder redesigned engine and I could not want more. The ride is very comfortable and the highway driving is exceptional. It hugs the road and "drives itself." I've never had a better steering car. GM got it right with steering ratio, turning effort, return, etc. its the best. Low noise level at highway speed is exceptional. NO wind noise. All around a great car. Also,factory speakers sound great, no need to upgrade.

Beats a run of the mill honda or Toyota
By 04aleroGLS on 07/27/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Is it just me or does everyone and their brother either have a Honda or a Toyota. It gets kind of sickening to me they are everywhere. I took a trip From Richmond VA to S.C., i was getting 35 miles per gallon with the V-6! Who ever had it before me did not do any preventative care to the car, I had to put a lot of work into it but it was worth it, I have asked all of my friends to keep an eye out for any GLS coupes in the Tri-cities area, and we still have not found one. That is what is the best thing about them, they are few and far between. IF you like everyone looking at your car and wondering what it is buy it. I get double and triple takes all the time.

Inexpensive and Pleasing
By Foxy on 06/21/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The standard 2.2 L engine in the Alero has a bit of torque and is peppy and fun to drive. The Alero coupe's appearance is classy, yet sporty enough to be an attractive car. I've owned my Alero for three years, and while it's not an envy-worthy car, I get great gas mileage, and it's been VERY inexpensive to maintain. I have had ZERO major problems with my car. I've only had to repair the lifter on the automatic window. Probably my fault it broke. I paid $10K for my car when it was a year old, and my payments are very low. I'd recommend the Alero for anyone (like me) who's fresh out of college, has a limited budget, and needs NICE, affordable transportation.

Less than thrilled
By berniegir60 on 05/19/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Have had several problems - Have had to replace a couple of body bushings and @ less than 50K miles had to replace left front wheel bearing almost a year to the day later had to replace right front wheel bearing because of a bad sensor(would turn off ABS & traction control) nothing wrong with bearing, but cannot replace just the sensor. Only have 1 speed on the fan-high, so have to now replace the blower motor and with about 70K miles both rotors are warped and need replaced. The CD player does not always eject the CD properly. Turning radius is not good and city gas mileage is a little disappointing.

It was fun !
By Fun car on 08/31/07 21:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 3 years. For the most part, I really liked it. It wasn't a roomy car. Taller people had a hard time with the leg room and the head room. There was some clinking noise behind the radio, they couldn't figure out. The driver's door window seal wasn't tight, and would sometimes leak water when it rained. In the winter time I had the most problems.The driver's door wouldn't latch tight when I shut it every time. I would have to spray W-D 40 on it for it to shut properly. The worst part was the brakes. If I hit snow or ice, especially going downhill, there was no stopping the car. The brakes sounded as if they were grinding, bad. All in all, it was a smooth ride.

Quick and Sweet
By foxyfennec on 03/01/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Olds Alero Coupe for almost two years...Oldsmobiles were a family tradition, and I was pleased to be able to own this classy little car before Olds was canned for good. I favor the Alero because it's not a dorky car, and it's not a boring Honda/Toyota. Its exterior design has a lot of personality and class. I get a lot of looks of approval in my little gal, and she's as stock as the day I bought her! So far, I have had ZERO problems with this car. She is very reliable and so much fun to drive. The Alero is quite possibly the most underrated car of the decade. Needless to say, I've gotten my money's worth, and a whole lot more.

Alero - Often Overlooked
By foxyfennec on 02/27/07 23:49 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

While the Olds Alero is not a super-awesome performance vehicle, it has made me very happy. It gets decent gas mileage, is pleasant to drive and own, and its styling gets a few looks. It's a good used car to have - I've had no problems with this car yet.

A great surprise
By pshaulk on 01/28/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm finding out what a great car I bought in my 2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1! It's champagne, with "oak" interior. I love the power seats and comfort, plus the satilite radio. I enjoy having a classy little car without it costing more than my first home.

My alero
By marilis on 12/19/04 00:06 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding, very good car it was worth every penny. iv'e have not had one problem since day one.

WOE MULE!!
By inkeyjr on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been an Olds owner for exactly one year and 3 weeks and already I have racked up a ton of miles. The car is addictive to drive and the acceleration is awsome. Only one thing, the interior is mighty cheap as well as a few minor electrical problems that have started to occur when I hit the 50,000 mile mark. Overall, I'd say that this vehicle is great engine wise) however it is not intended for people who want to steer away from speeding tickets.