Used 2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

174,000 miles and still going
By danroberts1964

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used 2 years ago and it now has 174,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Only problems I have had was the fuel pump and the alternator went out. Oh and the pass key thing had problems but there is a easy fix for that if you Google it and it consists of a inexpensive diode being soldered into the wiring. Would I recommend this car even with the high miles mine has.... You bet I would.

gas mileage and dependability.

none

Family Car
By aldhur

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For the price we paid, this is a wonderful family car. There is more than enough trunk space to carry our baby stroller and a full cart of groceries. Gas mileage is decent: we average between 20-25 MPG.

-Large trunk -Can fit in smaller parking spots -Easy to maintain -Good gas mileage

-Better stock suspension -More cushion for back seat -Better quality of interior material

Olds Alero 2004
By Jess

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After having a Chevy 2001 Blazer this is the best car that I could have ever got with how expensive gas is. I bought it with only 9,000 miles on it and it now only has about 36,500 miles and I was the second owner of the car.

Have to love the fin on the back would not have got the car if it did not have that on it.

breaks seem to be in issue especially the rear

Don't even hesitate to buy one.
By PatrickD844

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2004 Alero for just over 3 years now. I bought it barely used with 15k on it, and now it has about 58k. It has been an exceptional car, starting every single time, and never letting me down. The only times it's been in the shop have been for maintenance/wear and tear items. A very well made car, and well worth the money I paid for it.

Styling, handling, fun to drive. Hugs the road like a sports car.

Seats are slightly uncomfortable during long trips. Lumbar support would be nice.

OK, I guess
By Scott

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this I did not know the resale value was going to plummet into the ground, so it's a good thing it's a fairly dependable car. It gets decent mileage, but I hate the interior design, specifically the center console. It's as if it were an oversight that only one person would have anything to drink in the front, and the rear cupholder is cheap and keeps pulling out of its sockets. However, it has decent "zip" and has ample trunk room.

The AM/FM/RDS CD stereo system is much nicer than I expected, and it has automatic day and headights, etc.

Not really applicable since they literally don't make Oldsmobiles anymore. If they did, they'd have to overhaul the interior design.