2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
174,000 miles and still going
By danroberts1964 on 07/07/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used 2 years ago and it now has 174,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Only problems I have had was the fuel pump and the alternator went out. Oh and the pass key thing had problems but there is a easy fix for that if you Google it and it consists of a inexpensive diode being soldered into the wiring. Would I recommend this car even with the high miles mine has.... You bet I would.

Family Car
By aldhur on 01/05/13 21:55 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For the price we paid, this is a wonderful family car. There is more than enough trunk space to carry our baby stroller and a full cart of groceries. Gas mileage is decent: we average between 20-25 MPG.

Olds Alero 2004
By Jess on 04/22/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After having a Chevy 2001 Blazer this is the best car that I could have ever got with how expensive gas is. I bought it with only 9,000 miles on it and it now only has about 36,500 miles and I was the second owner of the car.

Don't even hesitate to buy one.
By PatrickD844 on 05/15/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2004 Alero for just over 3 years now. I bought it barely used with 15k on it, and now it has about 58k. It has been an exceptional car, starting every single time, and never letting me down. The only times it's been in the shop have been for maintenance/wear and tear items. A very well made car, and well worth the money I paid for it.

OK, I guess
By Scott on 10/12/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this I did not know the resale value was going to plummet into the ground, so it's a good thing it's a fairly dependable car. It gets decent mileage, but I hate the interior design, specifically the center console. It's as if it were an oversight that only one person would have anything to drink in the front, and the rear cupholder is cheap and keeps pulling out of its sockets. However, it has decent "zip" and has ample trunk room.

WWooooooooHoooooo!!!
By Giorgio on 09/08/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I found me a 2004 Alero GL with the 6-cyl. engine with only 29,000 miles for about a little half the price of retail when new. What a deal! It took me a whole month to find the one I wanted and it's worth every penny! This car is a lot of fun to drive and is a good looker too. This what I want to be driving now and not the regular brands that everyone else is driving out there for a lot more money. Couldn't be happier, best car decision I've ever made. Made in America baby!! Whooohooo!!

Great car
By The Baron on 04/07/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased this car, and, I love it. I have never owned a car this new before, but, I love the new car feel. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an inexpensive alternative to higher priced and highly overrated Import cars.

Bought Two Of Them
By FLORIDA JOE on 01/23/05 01:08 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter and sister each had their cars totalled. I bought low mileage used Aleros for each of them. At less than 11K for such a feature laden car you can't beat them. They both looked like new cars with very low mileage. They love their new Aleros and I feel good that they are in a dependable car.

new owner
By bildar on 11/13/04 10:47 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Haven't owned it long but love it

Fun car to drive!!!
By sweetheart29 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have always dreamed of owning this car since they first came out, but was never in the market for one since I already owned two reliable cars. It didn't seem like much since to buy a third until my husband was in an accident with our one car, so then it was perfect timing to buy a 2004 and we are so happy with it. It's very fun to drive and you get lots of looks from people and compliments.