Used 2004 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

2004 Oldsmobile Alero

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

200k and no major repairs
By Nathan

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

engine and trans going strong at over 200k. had to repair a rocker arm in engine as only major repair and it was only $300. weakness is wheel bearings but are easy to change. comfortable driver seat. good power in v6 and 27-28 mpg avg for my 90 mile commute with 70% of the commute on freeway at 70mph. nice padded interior vs the cheesy plastic interiors on new cars. Wish I could buy a new one.

worse car ever
By dale

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this car is the biggest pos ever...fuel pump went out...now the brakes suck big time...cant figure why the brakes freeze up....would never tell anyone to buy one.....DO NOT BUY

174,000 miles and still going
By danroberts1964

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used 2 years ago and it now has 174,000 miles on it and it's still going strong.
Only problems I have had was the fuel pump and the alternator went out. Oh and the pass key thing had problems but there is a easy fix for that if you Google it and it consists
of a inexpensive diode being soldered into the wiring.
Would I recommend this car even with the high miles mine has.... You bet I would.

gas mileage and dependability.

none

Family Car
By aldhur

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For the price we paid, this is a wonderful family car. There is more than enough trunk space to carry our baby stroller and a full cart of groceries. Gas mileage is decent: we average between 20-25 MPG.

-Large trunk -Can fit in smaller parking spots -Easy to maintain -Good gas mileage

-Better stock suspension -More cushion for back seat -Better quality of interior material

Unlikely to Recommend
By Lucky

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Alero v6 4 door. Let me put it this way, I have had the car for 6 years and there is a new problem every time I turn around. I have had the brakes and rotors replaced 3 times. The wiring harness behind the steering wheel was replaced once and needs to be replaced again. This car is a magnet for old people to hit. Now my car wont start. This has to be the worst car I have had. General maintenance isn't doing anything for this car.

CD player, electronic seats

Can't improve when car isn't made anymore.