Used 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By alerolova

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was a little worried when i saw this car in my drive way after my parents searched for something after i was in a car crash. I read a lot of reviews and found nothing but horrible reviews nightmare stories and a lot of $$ signs. so after driving it for a while something happened, the hub bar. went bad...but since i work at a dealership...i got the parts for mad cheap thank god. i replaced the shocks and im telling you the car runs like new. amazing. so then i cleaned the engine valve and the injecters...and it starts every time, no clicking...no problems at all. i love the car i love how it handles and its fast. great on gas. so hey a lil investigating goes a long way...only 500 spent. :)

Ok car
By gumbi71

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used and within the first week the sunroof brackets broke, body had rust cavities in it within the first year of owning and at about 85,000 miles both windows stopped working (2 door model). Not so impressed with the design under the hood... Still gets me from point a to point b. It has helped having the knowledge to do my own work. Would not recommend this as a first car with how much get up and go mine still has and how untrustworthy it is in snow.

Could have 1.put the starter either a) behind a mud shield or b) up top 2.moved the oil filter to a more convenient place 3.used more available sized tires and not those low profile jobbers.... the list goes on...

I like my car
By ssobom

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 100,000 miles on my Alero. It has been a pretty reliable car over the past eight years. I love the exterior styling as well as the cockpit layout. The car has always been fun to drive. I have had to replace a few items over the past few years.(evaporator, brakes, fuel pump, fan control knob, rear defrost button) My next car will have better suspension, but I will miss this Alero.

Looks great. Really fun to drive. Reliable.

better suspension, better gas mileage for a 4 cylinder

My 2001 Olds Alero - Reposession
By Cedar Park

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Olds Alero GLS in 2005. I've seen the complaints about Aleros and I have changed or repaired things. My repo had 87K miles when I bought it in 2005. Now 127K. I've replaced or repaired the following items: Motor performance computer, interior computer, remote keyless receiver, replaced fuel intake gaskets, replaced A/C compressor, plus I removed the AM/FM/CD radio and bought two extra ones off e-bay ($9.00 each). I cobbled best parts off two and put on the best one. Sold the others on e-bay for $45. That's about it. I did all of the work and bought all parts on e-bay or discount GM dealer on-line for at least 50% discount. 26-32 mpg. This car just keeps running. No oil use.

Very nice radio & sound system. Tire air pressure indicator light. Great gas mileage. Very nice modern interior

No point in kicking this issue. They don't make Oldsmobiles anymore. Great cars.

College Car
By Starrz

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe GL1 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Alero brand new (7 miles) and I've had a great experience with it. I haven't had any major mechanical problems with it and it's still running strong. It has adequate power along with good gas mileage. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable car.

The V6 engine.