Trash Heap
By Wildplrbear on
2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan
I have owned this car for 6 years and treated it like an old man would. It did not love me back, it constantly bit the hand that feed it. The car is horribly constructed. It has built in flaws that are unfixable and dangerous. It completely broke down with 112000 miles. By break down, I mean it gave up on life. I do not believe it is even ok to sell this car to someone. I plan on taking it to a junk yard and asking them to destroy it. Did not start 15% of the time because of security system issues, new bearings every 15K miles, windows that stop working every winter, bad head gaskets, bad intake gaskets, new breaks every 20K miles, shorting wires on a semiannual basis.
Favorite Features
The best part about this car is that the drives window broke every time it was fixed. This stopped me from getting fast food. Between that and having to walk home because it didn’t start once a week. It left me in great shape.
Suggested Improvements
This is irrelevant, I can only assume GM knows what it did wrong with these cars. From the looks of their new cars I think the improvements have been made.