2000 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love My Coupe!

2000 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Review

GL Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love My Coupe!
By ms.cheski on

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about 18 months now and love it! This car had nearly 77k miles on it when purchased and we're up to 106k. I have the V6 motor and it has some serious power. Gas mileage isn't spectacular, but we're not too ginger, either. Around town we get 22-24, highway we've gotten up to 27 when she's all tuned up. Its solid and does well in the snow, too. There have been a couple issues with tie rods and once our rotors were practically rusted through- but I think they were cheap parts as we have not had the problem again. There is some issue with a few sensor lights coming on even tho nothing is wrong-I just ignore it. Only trading in because I'm pregnant and we need four doors.

Favorite Features

Handling, Exterior Styling, Stereo is Awesome, Roomy Backseat, rear seat folds down for extra trunk space, Comfort, so much fun to drive-really hugs the road and handles jerky manuevers like a dream. I feel very safe in this car, my cousins have an 01 sedan that has been great for them as well.

Suggested Improvements

I'm racking my brain and all I can think of is the issue with the sensors. Apparently there is a harness that can be put on the solve the problem. I don't have it and the traction control is disabled when the sensors go off-but the car still handles great without it.