2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Review: Great Car

2000 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Review

GL Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car
By rjwolps on

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2dr Coupe

I love my Alero. I have had it a little over 2 years and have about 65,000 miles it. It runs great and I get about 34 mpg on the highway. It is very comfortable and fun to drive. It is a very good car for the money. The only complaint is the same compliant that I have had for other Olds' products - the brakes. They don't last and the rotors warp too easialy. I have a lot of miles on my car, but they are almost exclusively highway miles. The original brakes should have lasted a lot longer than about 40,000 because I don't use them that much.

I love the performance of the 3.5 V6 as well as its fuel mileage. It is a great combination of power and efficiency. Overall, the car is very reliable and I have had no mechanical or any other type of problem with the it.

Definitely a better braking system. I love the 4 wheel discs with anti-lock feature. But durability is an issue. A better design for the cupholders in the front would be nice. The cupholder nearest the heating/cooling controls is in a bad location and hard to use.