2000 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
By Tickedoff on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

I own a 2000 gls, brakes are horrible, windshield leaks, problem w/turn signals (would not turn on until hazzard switch pressed several times) Not to mention it's not worth anything!

Good Car
By Bradley James on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

I have had very few problems with this car, I had a bad multifuntion switch that caused the turn signals not to work, but it was fixed under warenty. The only other complaint i have is that it is a four cyl. but it gets worse gas milage than most 6 cyl. cars, and also the 4 cyl. motor is quite noisy

Great car
By Mackenzie on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

This car is fun to drive and performs well. I have had the car a year and a half with no major issues. Few minor issues (w/ cd player) That were all under warranty and fixed correctly by the Dealer ship the First time.

loved it!
By lovedmyalero on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

I just traded in my alero gl 4dr for an suv. But I really miss it! The car was fun to drive. I put 30,000 miles on it with just some minor problems all covered under the warranty. It can do 0 to 60 in just seconds. It's fast, racey and great looking. I feel like I'm driving a sports car. Too bad they are not made anymore. I had to trade it in because I needed a 4wd car. But otherwise, I loved it and I miss it.

Alero GLS
By CAR CRITIC on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

I HAVE A 2000 ALERO GLS THAT HAS V6. EXCELLENT POWER WITH EXCEPTIONAL GAS MILEAGE (30 MPG HIGHWAY). THE BAD PART IS TORQUE STEER. THE CAR DOES NOT STEER WELL UNDER FULL THROTTLE. MY GLS MODEL HAS THE INTERIOR OF A MUCH MORE EXPENISVE CAR. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS WITH BRAKES. THE NEW PADS EAT ROTORS LIKE CRAZY. THE CAR HAS TONS OF LIGHTS ON THE DASH TO TELL EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM IT HAS WHICH COME ON TOO FREQUENTLY. THE DECK LID ALSO LEAKS INTO THE TRUNK WHEN IT IS OPENED AFTER A GOOD RAIN. THE CAR IS VERY FLASHY FOR ITS PRICE RANGE, AND HAS GREAT POWER WITH THE V6, BUT THE CAR COULD USE SOME REFINEMENT ESPECIALLY THE BRAKES.

What happened to quality?
By ScottCAL on 03/05/02 20:37 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I leased this vehicle prior to Oldsmobile being phased out by GM. Now two years into the lease I can see why. Over the past 2 years I have had my rotors replaced twice, struts replaced, electrical problems and numerous body/integrity issues. This is not a low end nor cheap vehicle but the problems have been way too numerous and bothersum. Next time I'll looking to Toyota, Honda or even Subaru - I'll try my luck with them...

Alero Happy
By Vipersaint on 02/28/02 20:20 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

Car is a nice size and handles exceptionally well for a sedan. Reasonable acceleration(this from a former Viper owner). Have heard of issues with brakes but no problems yet as of 31,000 miles. Reliable. Leather is cheap and will tear. Nevertheless, can recommend this car to anyone.