Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

I Love Oldsmobiles!
By Jennifer Carnahan

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Alero used in 2005 when it had about 86,000 miles on it. I have never had a problem with my car. It has been a great first vehicle for me. Still runs great with 130,000 miles on it.

Only wish it that it came with heated seats which unfortunately wasn't an option then on Aleros.

Stay away from GM
By Patrick

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

Major repairs: Transmission blew up at 95,000 miles, although 80% of my driving is on the highway. Replaced fuel pump at 60,000. Minor repairs: Two stuck front calipers. 1 front wheel bearing, intermittent driver side power window. Leaking intake gasket and transmission gasket. Power steering hose disconnected. Fan resistor replaced twice. I do expect the car to have some things to fix once in a while, but I do not accept a premature transmission or fuel pump failure. GM, you fooled me.

Low windshield washer display. Low tire pressure indicator.

On/off switch for abs brakes (it would be better for breaking on ice/snow)

my car
By rachel miller

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

This is the first Olds. Alero that I've ever owned and I love it I've had it two years and its an excellent car and its fast I've modified the motor a little and put new exhaust on it

I like the interior a lot and i love the speed

I'm getting it repainted b/c I'm bored with the color I have on it now

Nice Car
By lbsorensen

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago. The kids were much smaller then. Now that they are leggy teens, the back seat is small for 3 of them. But I find that the car is a great family vehicle. nice body style, and fairly peppy.

automatic headlights

Definitely the brakes and rotors. I have replaced breaks and warped rotors too many times for the amount of time I have owned it.

Watch out for 80000, its a doozy!!
By Robyn

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I love the way my car looks and handles (it's the 3.4L v6 coupe) I do not like the way the intake manifold gasket fails, the dash peels or the control arm bushings squeak. Nice power (can beat the boys at a light, is quick off the line)and huge sunroof, but can prove costly when repairs are needed.

Big sunroof, cute spoiler, power everything and smooth ride with tight handling that corners well.

Shame on them for a v6 with consistent failures (dexcool lasts 100,000 miles?? and a lower gasket that will inevitably leak). A warning to all grand-am owners with the 3.4 v6...you're riding around on the same engine...maybe Olds should throw in the towels...(ha!)