2000 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
I Love Oldsmobiles!
By Jennifer Carnahan on 09/22/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Alero used in 2005 when it had about 86,000 miles on it. I have never had a problem with my car. It has been a great first vehicle for me. Still runs great with 130,000 miles on it.

Stay away from GM
By Patrick on 07/04/08 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

Major repairs: Transmission blew up at 95,000 miles, although 80% of my driving is on the highway. Replaced fuel pump at 60,000. Minor repairs: Two stuck front calipers. 1 front wheel bearing, intermittent driver side power window. Leaking intake gasket and transmission gasket. Power steering hose disconnected. Fan resistor replaced twice. I do expect the car to have some things to fix once in a while, but I do not accept a premature transmission or fuel pump failure. GM, you fooled me.

my car
By rachel miller on 06/18/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

This is the first Olds. Alero that I've ever owned and I love it I've had it two years and its an excellent car and its fast I've modified the motor a little and put new exhaust on it

Nice Car
By lbsorensen on 05/15/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago. The kids were much smaller then. Now that they are leggy teens, the back seat is small for 3 of them. But I find that the car is a great family vehicle. nice body style, and fairly peppy.

Watch out for 80000, its a doozy!!
By Robyn on 03/19/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I love the way my car looks and handles (it's the 3.4L v6 coupe) I do not like the way the intake manifold gasket fails, the dash peels or the control arm bushings squeak. Nice power (can beat the boys at a light, is quick off the line)and huge sunroof, but can prove costly when repairs are needed.

Tale of an Alero
By Radkor on 11/10/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my '00 Alero w/32000 mi in May '01 as an rebuildable. This car has been great! 37mpg. Fuel regulator replaced under warranty, Frt brakes & rotors rplcd at 50k, rears at 70k, tires every 55k. Replaced poorly designed pass dr window regulator for $70 via boneyard. $80 flasher was to be rplcd under warranty but GM stopped that because it was a rebuilable. I love that car, everyone thought the factory 8 spker CD was aftermarket, it is that good! I was never tired after 9hr drives, and I have a bad back. I beat that car, I learned how to do 360s in the Red Hot Rod, what my kids called it. drove 4yrs. Its my daughters' now.

Oldsmobile NEEDS to Replace every Alero
By Becky on 10/30/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my vehicle in June of 2002, thus far I have replaced brakes, rotors, intake gasket, waterpump, fuel filter, power steering pump, and now my transmission is slipping, have any of you realized that there is n o way to check the transmission fluid on your own? Not to mention the tires I have had to replace. The dashboard is raised due to sun damage. It appears to me that a bunch of monkeys could have done better when they decided to build this car. I had contacted Oldsmobile many times and they seem quite content that a bunch of fools like us made them rich. The car is paid for, but the repair bills are adding up. I will NEVER buy AMerican Made Again!!!!!!!

Good Car
By Susi on 03/05/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL 4dr Sedan

This has been a dependable automobile. I have had very little trouble with my Alero. It's fun to drive.

Reliable and Stylish
By lisa on 02/05/07 22:09 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I never had a problem with either one of my Aleros. I owned a '99 and then a 2000! Oldsmobile finally came out with a beautiful, fun car that blew Pontiac and Buick out of the water.

Still Lovin' it...
By ang on 01/02/07 17:30 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan

So, I bought this car for it's looks. I'm still loving it. I had to replace its brakes and rotors, my husband says I ride the brakes though. Also, I had to get a new water pump in 2004. To get to the point...I have three young kids and am a full time student, this car keeps up with all of us and has never left us on the side of the road! We do live in a hilly area and sometimes find that the tranny slips going up steep hills. I too love the automatic lights and convenient map lights. Oh, when I got this car it was missing the hazard lights? I'm not sure what that was all about.