Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

2000 alero after 11 years
By mountaintop1

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car, great mileage, and very little problems. 108000 miles so far, can't complain I will be buying a new car soon, I hope it will be as good.

I love the gas mileage, and all the power features. The no touch headlights is a big plus, I am glad they had that feature. The car performs perfectly for my needs and comes up the mountain just fine, thank you with the 2.4l engine even with the AC on.

The power windows could be beefier, I had to replace 3 of the four motors over the years. I did them myself, and changing the motors was relatively easy.

I'm going to miss this car
By chris

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car Brand New from the dealer. we've had it for 10 yrs now and its been wonderful. Very few problems the fuel pump went at 70k which i hear is very common, and we've replaced all the power window switches. everything else is great, very fun to drive and very roomy. I'm trading it in and I'm going to miss this car.

auto lights low tire light ABS button, stereo

none

GM fooled me once but never again!
By ihateGM!

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This was my first new car buy ever. Peeling dashboard at 36K miles, rack & pinion and tie rods needed replaced at 38K miles. And I'll spare you all the other repairs under $500. Yes, I'm still driving it after 10 years, but when your car has $0 trade-in value at year 4, what choice does one have? (The dealer says to replace the dashboard is over $2000 to repair). My father was UAW and I never thought I'd say this but my next car won't be an American brand. GM, shame on you! The government bailout money will be the last penny of mine you'll ever get from me.

Any favorites feature I had were long forgotten now that I've been driving with a peeling dashboard for the past 7 years. It's a daily reminder of GM quality and lack of customer service.

There is nothing GM can do to get this customer back.

B-E-A-UTIFUL!
By SkaterHick

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Over all an amazing car. Reliable, handles well in the snow, and over all speedy. the only draw backs would be a wavy interior on the dash.

Trash Heap
By Wildplrbear

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 6 years and treated it like an old man would. It did not love me back, it constantly bit the hand that feed it. The car is horribly constructed. It has built in flaws that are unfixable and dangerous. It completely broke down with 112000 miles. By break down, I mean it gave up on life. I do not believe it is even ok to sell this car to someone. I plan on taking it to a junk yard and asking them to destroy it. Did not start 15% of the time because of security system issues, new bearings every 15K miles, windows that stop working every winter, bad head gaskets, bad intake gaskets, new breaks every 20K miles, shorting wires on a semiannual basis.

The best part about this car is that the drives window broke every time it was fixed. This stopped me from getting fast food. Between that and having to walk home because it didn’t start once a week. It left me in great shape.

This is irrelevant, I can only assume GM knows what it did wrong with these cars. From the looks of their new cars I think the improvements have been made.