1999 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Review: Look further

1999 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Review

GL Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Look further
By $ in toilet on

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1999 2 door GL model used in 2002 because it was sporty, yet sophisticated. Since I have bought this car, the manifold gasket has had to be replaced twice (I am waiting for it to go out again this winter. This resulted in coolant leaking into the oil.) Also, the driver's side automatic window motor had to be replaced around 50k miles. I have had the front brakes and rotors replaced twice, the rear once. The trunk sometimes takes two tries to close, and it leaks. Brake pedal is too stiff. If you are looking at this car, I suggest to keep looking, or else buy an extened warranty. I bought one with the car, and I have used every penny of it!I am heading to the Volvo dealership next.

Favorite Features

V6 is great. Good transitional car for recent college grads because it is sporty yet sophisticated.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problems with automatic window motors! Can we get a reliable brake system please! Also, the brake pedal is way too stiff. Every time I drive another car, I practically give myself whiplash because I am used to having to apply so much pressure to get the Alero to stop!