Used 1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

decent car
By Shawn

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I had just got this car from the dealer, its a pretty decentcar. i like the 2 door body style. great gas milage. the only thing i dislike is all the problems i had with it with in two weeks. and ive been told the rear seats fold down but have no idea cause i cant find a button or lever for them too. but the car is really nice and id recomend it to anyone so far.

stereo and lether seats.

Great car!
By Mich72

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Alero since 1999. I have NEVER had any major problems with my car. I have taken it in regularly for the maintenance and oil changes. My warranty just expired last year and the only things that I have had to replace is the motor for the power window. I would highly reccomend this car to anyone. Too bad they do not make them anymore!

My favorite features on my car are the sunroof and the stereo.. it is pretty good for manufacturer!

Not a good domestic purchase
By eric

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

Don't buy an Alero. I have had the following problems with it: dash bubbling, intake gasket leaking, blower motor resistor, water pump, both windows have problems, etc. It really is ridiculous, if you look at the reviews for 99' 2-door Accords people have no problems. Overall, Aleros are quite unreliable with both big and little problems. But for the price you really can't beat it. The Alero has never left me stranded or broken down on the road. Most issues are well known and if you need a cheap $3,000 car you can't beat an Alero.

This car gets 30 mpg highway with a V6 which is very good for a cheap cheap, cheap car! The interior doesn't feel that old.

The only possible improvement has been taken by GM, which of course has been to drop Oldsmobile altogether.

You Should Buy One
By Shauna

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

I love my new Alero. I overpayed i guess...but it was well worth it! It is a fun and sporty car that has a decent amount of power. Nothing has seriously gone wrong with it yet. It is a very reliable car and all my friends are jealous with there plain looking Honda Civics and Dodge Neons...ewwwwwi e....hahaha!

I love the look of the front of the car...not too square and not too pointy! Just Perfect!

The interior needs something new...it's just ugly. I had to do a lot of work on it.

Great Looks/Perks bad Design
By Marc

1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe

Bought the vehicle off of my parents. Since new, the car had to be taken itn for repairs about 2-3 times a year. It has gone through about 4 wheel bearing, 2 sets of struts, new Drive/Pass seatbelts, 2 resistors for the blower, intake gasket issues twice and replaced the alternator after 90,000 miles. There were other issues but these are being pulled from the top of my head. The good looks on the out and inside are very nice, the drive and handling are excellent and the stock sound system is better than anyone would expect. One should expect problems with this car, but as consumer reports is showing this is expected from most GM vehicles. I would not recommend this car.

Love the stereo system, handling, good looks and ergonomics.

Just about everything.