My First Car
By firstcarreview04 on
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva SL 4dr Sedan
I bought a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva with about 80,000 miles three years ago. It has taken me from the West Coast to the East Coast twice. All I can say is that this car is very well built. It feels solid, has excellent safety features, and gets extremely good gas mileage for an American car (particularly on the highway). The twin cam engine is quite powerful and was easily able to tow a u-haul trailer from South Carolina to New Mexico. The ride is very comfortable. This car is extremely reliable. I have left it for about a month without running it and it started up with no problems. With regular maintenance only minor repairs are required.
Favorite Features
This car came with many safety features that were hardly standard in 1997. It has an excellent cruise control system, is easy to drive, has plenty of power, and is very comfortable. The interior of this car feels almost mid-size. I couldn't ask for more for the money I paid.
Suggested Improvements
I wish it had a slightly smaller turning radius and occasionally the traction control system dislikes slick or graded roads at slow speeds. Other than that this car is a first rate used car choice. I have seen plenty of these cars on the road - they just keep going and going.