1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan Consumer Reviews

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

S 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
Don't get a Quad Four
By eggrolla on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 9 months and i put 25,000 miles on it. Until now the only thing i replaced was the altenator, but now at 102,000 miles the bearing went and the engine is shot no one will rebuild them cause every mechanic I went to said there just a Pain in the ass. I new engine from GM would cost me $3200, I only paid $2600 for it. When it ran I liked it great gas milage for all the power it had. If you lookin at one i think ya should go with the 3.1

Used Achieva
By stnongo on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The Achieva is a great car, has given very little problem over the past 6 years, since I bought it used....Strong running great car

A great, underrated auto......
By buggywhip on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have the Achieva 3.1L 6cyl. It's a fine car--always starts, always runs, strong engine. Handles quite well, no squeaks or rattles at 123,000 miles. No rust at all and paint quality is fantastic. Exhaust has lasted over 60k miles too! Easily equal to an Accord of the same vintage. My car drinks coolant faster than a Green Bay Packer guzzles gatorade--I can't find the leak, probably the water pump, no big deal.

Bummed
By Max on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I had my car for only one year and at first I was pretty satisfied with it. The car picked up quickly, especially when I needed to drive through pesky freeway traffic. But, now I am having engine and radiator problems. The mechanic told me that antifreeze is leaking internally and mixing with my engine oil so now I am forced to either donate my car or junk it.

Bummed
By max on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Not fun, but it's a fighter
By Anders on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car now about 2 1/2 years now, and I have not had a problem yet. It has over 130 000 miles on it and it just keeps on going. It's not pretty and the interior is not fun either. Handling is OK and braking the same. I just hope that my next car will just as reliable as this one.

good all-around car
By bhanson on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

loved my acheiva for the last 4 years and the miles i put on only had to replace maintenance items on it - plugs, tires, alternator, starter, etc.

its a fine car
By joe olds on 03/15/02 10:44 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car since it was new. It's been reliable and efficient. I do the maintanance according to the mfg. spec's as if it were a Japanese car. I plan to continue to use this car for several years. It is an inexpensive car and it is not the prettiest vehicle so I'm not worried about it being stolen.

Update on bad reviews
By Mandersn on 03/01/02 00:34 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Don't believe bad reviews on these cars...many people just plain don't take care of their cars and maintaine them like they should. I've had this car 3 years and it's been very reliable.