Used 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan - Consumer Reviews

S 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Don't get a Quad Four
By eggrolla

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 9 months and i put 25,000 miles on it. Until now the only thing i replaced was the altenator, but now at 102,000 miles the bearing went and the engine is shot no one will rebuild them cause every mechanic I went to said there just a Pain in the ass. I new engine from GM would cost me $3200, I only paid $2600 for it. When it ran I liked it great gas milage for all the power it had. If you lookin at one i think ya should go with the 3.1

Good Power, great fuel econemy

2.3 Quad Fours should not be used i've heard from many people that there a pain. Like everybody else thinks I think the interior is kinda cheap

Used Achieva
By stnongo

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The Achieva is a great car, has given very little problem over the past 6 years, since I bought it used....Strong running great car

Interior Controls are easy to reach and accomodate the driver.

Gas struts on the hood, suck. Door panels are cheap, Interior overall sucks

A great, underrated auto......
By buggywhip

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have the Achieva 3.1L 6cyl. It's a fine car--always starts, always runs, strong engine. Handles quite well, no squeaks or rattles at 123,000 miles. No rust at all and paint quality is fantastic. Exhaust has lasted over 60k miles too! Easily equal to an Accord of the same vintage. My car drinks coolant faster than a Green Bay Packer guzzles gatorade--I can't find the leak, probably the water pump, no big deal.

Superb paint quality, strong engine, super economy, nice smooth tranny. Hood has gas struts, no prop bar needed.

Front seats too soft, lack any side support. Inner door panels a bit cheap. Low beams not bright enough. I'm not crazy about the door-mounted seat belts.

Bummed
By Max

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I had my car for only one year and at first I was pretty satisfied with it. The car picked up quickly, especially when I needed to drive through pesky freeway traffic. But, now I am having engine and radiator problems. The mechanic told me that antifreeze is leaking internally and mixing with my engine oil so now I am forced to either donate my car or junk it.

The car is reliable. Even when my car would over heat, it would never break down on me. I had plenty of time to drive to a safe place and park.

My car was involved in a minor traffic accident and the women was driving 5mph. and ripped my whole front end components off and ruined my hood.

Bummed