1995 Oldsmobile Achieva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Achieva model:
Its no Porche but its sure close.
By marc on 07/15/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I really like to drive this car. its fun with the five speed manual. I can beat some imports on the "strip". Pretty reliable but can have some problems. Its lasted for 190,000 miles of joy riding and highway trips. All around good car.

Fun to drive and kind of sporty looking
By The car man on 11/12/08 16:23 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car for a second car for weekend driving. I liked the car and the quad 4 engine was pretty responsive. The head cracked on the quad 4 engine but I saved the car because of my liking it. I wanted more power from it though so I replaced the engine with a 3.1 V6 engine and rewired the entire car for it, but even after all the headaches with that job I got it back on the road with the V6 engine. It still gets great gas mileage, and it has great power now. I plan to keep it til it falls apart now, and I love to drive it around just for the fun of it.

Don't get a Quad Four
By eggrolla on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 9 months and i put 25,000 miles on it. Until now the only thing i replaced was the altenator, but now at 102,000 miles the bearing went and the engine is shot no one will rebuild them cause every mechanic I went to said there just a Pain in the ass. I new engine from GM would cost me $3200, I only paid $2600 for it. When it ran I liked it great gas milage for all the power it had. If you lookin at one i think ya should go with the 3.1

Used Achieva
By stnongo on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

The Achieva is a great car, has given very little problem over the past 6 years, since I bought it used....Strong running great car

A great, underrated auto......
By buggywhip on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I have the Achieva 3.1L 6cyl. It's a fine car--always starts, always runs, strong engine. Handles quite well, no squeaks or rattles at 123,000 miles. No rust at all and paint quality is fantastic. Exhaust has lasted over 60k miles too! Easily equal to an Accord of the same vintage. My car drinks coolant faster than a Green Bay Packer guzzles gatorade--I can't find the leak, probably the water pump, no big deal.

Suprised Ohio Owner
By Ohio_owner on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

My experience has been surprisingly good. I purchased this car because I had a large GM-card rebate and didn't like the plastic-clad Pontiac Grand AM (its platform sister). My repair history has been very good- very little has gone wrong, other than what was expected. For example, the water pump failed at 95,000 miles- not cheap repair, but after 95,000 miles that's not too bad.

Bummed
By Max on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I had my car for only one year and at first I was pretty satisfied with it. The car picked up quickly, especially when I needed to drive through pesky freeway traffic. But, now I am having engine and radiator problems. The mechanic told me that antifreeze is leaking internally and mixing with my engine oil so now I am forced to either donate my car or junk it.

Bummed
By max on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Pretty good car
By sulake3 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about three years now. It performed up to the standard that I expected for it. I had to travel some distances to work and school, etc. and it got me there. I have had problems with rotors going earlier than they should. The gas economy is good on this car. Pickup for passing people, hills, etc. is okay with the 2.3L engine. Design of this hood of the car makes the owner have to get a whole new hood if even a minor accident occurs. Seats are uncomfortable for someone taller than six foot....hurts your back during long trips. You have to fall into the car instead of getting into it.

Great car
By P. Santo on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

This is a great mid-sized car. Fantastic gas mileage and the air conditioner is awesome! Good pick-up and pretty cool design. Parts are expensive in engine because of the four- quad engine design.