1994 Oldsmobile Achieva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Achieva model:
It's an olds, what to expect?
By lhuser on 06/04/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

It's an okay car, it gets me where to go. The electrical system gave out entirely. There's nothing working in this car no more. It juste starts and that's it. There has been an alternator replaced and it's a very costly car to maintain. It stinks in the electric department. What happened was the electric system shorted out, draining the battery in less than an hour, so we needed it disconnected. It's aroun 800 for parts and a big load of money to fix

A good starter car if its been well kept
By Darra on 04/19/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. The person who had it before me took very good care of it and when I got it, it was really clean. He had installed a nice stereo system in it so it didn't feel like I was driving an old car. I never had any problems out of it. It was a very smooth ride and all around decent car. We only paid about 1200 bucks for it back in 02. Got more than our money's worth out of it.

Would Not Recommend Olds. Achieva
By Chrissy on 09/21/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1994 Olds Achieva in 2002 from my boss (who was the original owner). At the time it had 120,000 miles, it now has 166,000 miles. It is great on gas however I have had several major problems with the engine and minor problems with the interior. Every time I got off the freeway my car would stall. There are only three of the four cylinders working. My gas gage is broken. My rear brakes clunk every morning. There is major exhaust leak, which gives headaches to passengers. The driver's side window does not work, it must be pulled up with two hands. The interior is poor, several things have fallen off (speaker, vents, ashtray...and more). I do like the good gas milleage and the fact that it was cheap though.

Very reliable
By Achieva on 04/04/06 09:15 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I've had this car going on 4 years. When I purchased it on Sept. 23 2002, it had 132,000 miles on it. Today it has 194,000 It has been and still is a great car. I've owned a Corsica as well and can say nothing stands up to a 3.1 V6 oldsmobile Achieva S. I am still driving the car and loving every minute. I have a speaker system in it and added an aftermarket intake. The car now pushes around 165 horses to the wheels. I had it dyno tested and it was 150 stock, but adding some cheap aftermarket toys it is very quick for what it is. Don't buy a 4-cylinder Achieva, they're junk buy the 3.1L V6.

My Baby!
By Anthony Colbert on 01/31/06 15:01 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I have had my Oldsmobile Achieva for about 5 months, but it has been in the family for about 7 yrs. Recently with 140,000 miles on it the cylinder head cracked, the motor mounts were going out, and I needed a new water pump. To avoid very high repair bills, I went ahead and dropped a used quad four with about 53,000 miles on it in my car, especially since transmission is still in good repair. Overall the car has run great. It has had a few small issues here and there but it hasn't been that much of a problem for the family. The I-4 has adequate acceleration and handle is ok. Fortunately its an Oldmobile so it is a very comfortable car.

I bought it new, and it's still my daily
By tony maclin on 02/23/05 20:38 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I have had no major mechanical problems with the car - front brakes get replaced every 30,000 miles or so, rears very infrequently. Still gets about 27 mpg mixed with the V6. Replaced parts include new radiator, A/C compressor and related, alternator, and front struts.

Just got a bad one
By jd winter ride on 02/13/05 22:57 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 90,000 on it.It has a 3.1 v6. Very difficult to work on, plugs hard to get at, belt a nightmare to change. Interior parts all fell apart, door panels all warped,duck tape becomes your best friend. Check engine light on and off, no one could figure out the cause. Replaced the radiator, belt tensioner, struts, all brakes parts,O2 sensor ,turn signal switch, and more. Tranny gave out at 140,000 miles. Not worth fixing. Overall, I really liked the car when it ran good. Great in snow and ice and comfortable. I'm kinda sorry it is going to the bone yard.

Ten years and 100,000 miles!!!
By Still Runnin' on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

I bought my car in '96 with 14,000 miles on it and just hit 100,000 miles this month! Honestly, besides having to spend a couple of dollars here and there for broken plastic pieces of the interior and a new transmission three years ago, this car has treated me right! It is still running well and I've been very lucky!

Mine has been Excellent
By rcfan111 on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva SC 2dr Coupe

I bought mine with 59000 miles on it, it now has 127000. It has only let me down once, when the water pump let go. This car goes anywhere I want, is a joy to drive, and a generally great auto. I had an alternator go in Pittsburgh, I live about 100 miles away. I put in a new battery and drove all the way home on it.

A quarter of a million miles
By MyFathersOlds on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from my father in law for my teenage son. It has honest to Betsy 255,000 mile on the original drivetrain. Solid mechanical care. Replace the usual struts/shocks, brakes etc, but otherwise a solid car.