1992 Oldsmobile Achieva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Achieva model:
This car is a keeper
By Jef on 05/23/08 02:48 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a neighbor who does minor fix ups and sells them. I put about $300 to get it running safely. The car sat for about a year not running. I'm glad I dropped a few bucks into it. It's great on gas, still has its horsepower, is comfortable to drive and doesn't use up fluids even with 183,000 miles.

One of the Best
By Bill Lemaster on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

Excellent performance for 10 years. Never any engine work. No oil consumption.Very low maintenace costs.. Comfortable ride.. Driver and front passenger seating uncomfortably low. "Check Gage" light on and off intermittently with no engine problem cause..Overall, very satisfied.

Achieva SCX 5 speed
By Stevenjay on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva SCX 2dr Coupe

I found this car to be economical, reliable, good looking & fun to drive. The H/O dual cam 2.4 with 5 speed makes a world of difference in both performance & driving enjoyment. Very low production especially w/ 5 speed. Achieva's have gotten a bad rap in many forums but I truly liked mine. It's a good looking car you don't see everywhere. I have had many cars & this was one of my favorites!

Excellent
By RyanjLayton on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva SCX 2dr Coupe

this was the best car that was affordable to myself and it was really reliable i put over 200k on engine without trouble then when i got to 220k i blew my head gasket but other than that i really enjoyed havijng this car.

D's Achieva
By MPKsBlondie on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

Just bought this car a week ago and already had problems with stalling. Seems to stall when you come to a complete stop after driving it for about 15 minutes.After about 5 minutes it will go once put back into gear. By researching this car it turns out to be a common problem with the solenoid sticking when the car gets hot. So lets see if my mechanic knows what he's doing and fixes it since its already been back twice and so far its still stalling on me.

92 Olds Achieva 2dr SL Quad 4
By Andy989 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

Performance--I like the car's heavy steering, and it even offers semi- decent feel, but it doesnt respond quickly, and body roll is excessive. My father's bigger 1997 Taurus handles much better than this. The ca. 160 hp. Quad 4 accelerates decently but not outstandingly. Braking is poor. Interior and Exterior-The one thing I like about this car is its exterior styling. An unusual, wedgy shape...especially sleek with the spoiler, and 16" alloys. The car's a good size, too...nice and medium. Ergonomics are average in the interior, but not surprisingly, quality is very poor.

Spent a lot of money on this car
By crossford on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

This car has needed a lot of new parts. The most expensive being the transmission at 25k miles. I've easily put over $5,000.00 in mechanical work into this car. The only reason I have kept it is because the money I have put into it. Now with Olds going out of business, I'm better off donating it then selling it. The car has just been a putt putt around town car. Never been used to drive to work everyday.

Nice car
By achievasc92 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

The SC, with the 3.3 v6 is awesome, it accelerates quickly and smoothly. While its not as quick as the SCX, it holds its own. It takes curves very well and how many other cars at the time had electronically adjustable shocks. You can change the suspension settings with the touch of a button.

Nothing Like It
By JP Racer on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva SCX 2dr Coupe

Not much to say. The car is about as fun to drive as they get and handles very well. It is also highly reliable and I would recomend it to anyone that is considering this class of car.