Used 1992 Oldsmobile Achieva Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Achieva model:

This car is a keeper
By Jef

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a neighbor who does minor fix ups and sells them. I put about $300 to get it running safely. The car sat for about a year not running. I'm glad I dropped a few bucks into it. It's great on gas, still has its horsepower, is comfortable to drive and doesn't use up fluids even with 183,000 miles.

I like the way the interior is laid out. the seats are comfortable and the drive is smooth. The handling is perfect. It's a simple car, nothing fancy but fun and reliable.

I would change the the engine size a 6 cylinder, a wider wheel base and raise the seats up. I would also make minor maintenance easier, like bulb replacement. Too bad Olds isn't around anymore. This car with some minor changes could have been great.

One of the Best
By Bill Lemaster

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 4dr Sedan

Excellent performance for 10 years. Never any engine work. No oil consumption.Very low maintenace costs.. Comfortable ride.. Driver and front passenger seating uncomfortably low. "Check Gage" light on and off intermittently with no engine problem cause..Overall, very satisfied.

Dependability. Ease in handling.Attractive styling.

Water drips into passenger compartment thru even slightly opened drivers or passenger windows. Poorly engineered

Achieva SCX 5 speed
By Stevenjay

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva SCX 2dr Coupe

I found this car to be economical, reliable, good looking & fun to drive. The H/O dual cam 2.4 with 5 speed makes a world of difference in both performance & driving enjoyment. Very low production especially w/ 5 speed. Achieva's have gotten a bad rap in many forums but I truly liked mine. It's a good looking car you don't see everywhere. I have had many cars & this was one of my favorites!

2.4 dual cam motor w/ 5 speed tranny. Sport suspension, interior & styling.

Tweak the twin cam 2.4 just a little, 4 wheel disc brakes.

Excellent
By RyanjLayton

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva SCX 2dr Coupe

this was the best car that was affordable to myself and it was really reliable i put over 200k on engine without trouble then when i got to 220k i blew my head gasket but other than that i really enjoyed havijng this car.

My favorite features where the a/c and heater because unlike some other cars they actually functioned normally

the only improvement i would suggest would be a shorter shift knob

D's Achieva
By MPKsBlondie

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2dr Coupe

Just bought this car a week ago and already had problems with stalling. Seems to stall when you come to a complete stop after driving it for about 15 minutes.After about 5 minutes it will go once put back into gear. By researching this car it turns out to be a common problem with the solenoid sticking when the car gets hot. So lets see if my mechanic knows what he's doing and fixes it since its already been back twice and so far its still stalling on me.

The car has a great look to it and is very comfortable to drive. Also has alot of power to it. Happy that i bought it.