2015 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Most versatile vehicle I have ever owned.
By On the move granny

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 59 year old single grandma. I like to dress up and go to the theatre. I like to dress down and go camping. I love my Xterra. It meets all my needs. Affordable to commute to work daily. Classy enough to take out for a play at the theatre. Strong enough to pull camper. I want to cry hearing they are no longer making this vehicle. I did serious research before purchasing this vehicle and it paid off. Multi functional was my main need in a vehicle. MY XTERRA is the top of line for my needs.

Poor gas mph
By Norbert Popkowski

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading that I have a 21 gallon gas guzzler I am even more angry about my car. I had a 2006 x-terra for ten years and never got less than 18 mph in the city. My great new 2015 gives me less than 10 mph. My wonderful dealership blames the EPA because of the way they test vehicles. Does not solve my problem!!!! If I had to do over again I should have kept my 2006 vehicle. Thank you Crown Nissan in St. Petersburg for making me sucker of the year.

The reason for the review
By J

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV PRO-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

What you should know it a clutch is wear and tear Item and also the flywheel. Bought used with 24000 and now with 30000 clutch had to be fixed and the flywheel. It not covered under warranty. Other earlier models had to a clutch replace after 5000 miles. Other had transmission issues after a couple of years owning theirs. So now I have almost a brand new car. Went to top in Nissan to see if they stand with there product they just said it not covered and they would not cover it. Just think before you buy.

Great Vehicle
By Ocean Boi

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV PRO-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the fact that it has a strong engine and is built on a strong truck body frame. I love the high ground clearance. The seats fold down perfectly flat or can be removed. The gas mileage could be better. The traction control button is useful. The fact I can plug my IPAD in and get satellite radio is a bonus. If the seats in the front are pushed back it leaves little room for the back passengers. Runs GREAT!. No regrets. If I had to do it all over again I would have bought this vehicle.

A fortress on wheels
By Steve

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2006, a major car magazine agreed that the Xterra would make the shortlist for a vehicle best able to survive the apocalypse. I agree. I feel invincible in this machine... it might not have the latest technology, and the truck-based frame may not suit all derrieres, but I love not stressing about the weather anymore. There is something to be said for simplicity. This truck is a beast. Rain or shine, wind, hail, snow and anything else mother nature throws my way, I cannot help but smile when I fire up the growl of the V6 and move out. I opted for the six-speed manual trans, and I think that has helped me get outstanding fuel economy (I average between 21 and 24mpg). Just a great, great, great, great truck... I've hauled oversized cargo in the rear, slept in the back when the power went out in my house, hoisted myself on my tow hitch and on to my rear bumper for a better view of the world when needed, gone to the city, the beach and the country, and feel like my X will be with me for a long, long time. Can't go wrong. I call this my Japanese Land Rover.