Horrible Experience
By kevin170 on
2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
A month after I bought an Xterra, I took it through the car wash and water came through the roof. I took it in to get serviced and it ended up needing a major repair to the roof. Nissan ended up offering to repurchase the vehicle per the terms of the CO lemon law. They subtracted $945 for usage which I thought was a lot for 2 months of driving. They also refused to refund a few items on the purchase agreement saying they were “non Nissan” items. The arbitrations woman, Denise C., claimed that Nissan and the dealership were different entities and was very rude and difficult throughout the process of me trying to recoup my money.
By chippy55
on 07/23/14 20:47 PM (PDT)

For some people think about the consequences of cutting a hole in a roof, whether its your car or your house for a moon race, or cutting a hole in a boat for that matter. Saying it'll be fine because I'll cover the whole with an o-ring, and it's be air-tight looks good on paper, but in the real world you get sun beaten down on it, and getting backed from the inside, and torrential rains and hail storm, so they're bound to leak at some time and then everyone looks at each other like their in shock. Answer: Don't cut no holes in a vehicle! Plus I'd bet in a certain scenarios that exhaust fumes could be sucked in.

By 02isuzu
on 06/22/14 09:50 AM (PDT)

I have seen this review for a while now with no one posting a reply to it so I just felt I had to. I know I have read in the past this happening to some Jeep models, I believe it was the Patriot, where owners reported their hard top roofs leaking and had pics to show their dome lights filled with water and also mold growth in their vehicles. I currently own an '02 Isuzu Trooper with the big sunroof option. I am the original owner and it has 125K miles on it and the roof has never leaked a single drop. I would like to know from kevin170 what was this "major repair" to the roof diagnosed as. And I would also like to say that I am not saying this did not happen, I am just interested in this as I consider possibly purchasing an Xterra someday and this is disconcerting. I also know that a lot of earlier Xterras with auto trans suffered from the radiators internally rotting out and mixing coolant with tranny fluid, thus ruining their automatic transmissions and causing their owners anguish. Hopefully this roof issue is a very isolated case and Nissan immediately has taken steps to increase their quality control and testing for the sake of their customers.