Used 2013 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

2008 Xterra Experience
By suzuski

2013 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought an 18' runabout w/ trailer so traded-in a 2004 RAV4 for a used (14kmi) Xterra in 2008. Couldn't be happier. Plenty of power and tows very well. Mileage? Average 19mpg with 16 the lowest and 24 the highest. Very practical load carrying. RAV4 very noisy. When I rep laced the tires I didn't care about longevity and asked for the quietest tires available. The Xterra has very little road noise. Interior is basic with little gingerbread, thus no trim to fall off or rattle. I'm a Zen kind of guy and wish to keep things simple. There is only 63000 miles on it but when it comes time to buy a new car I'll seriously consider another Xterra (assuming Nissan stills builds them).

Horrible Experience
By kevin170

2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A month after I bought an Xterra, I took it through the car wash and water came through the roof. I took it in to get serviced and it ended up needing a major repair to the roof. Nissan ended up offering to repurchase the vehicle per the terms of the CO lemon law. They subtracted $945 for usage which I thought was a lot for 2 months of driving. They also refused to refund a few items on the purchase agreement saying they were “non Nissan” items. The arbitrations woman, Denise C., claimed that Nissan and the dealership were different entities and was very rude and difficult throughout the process of me trying to recoup my money.