2012 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Does it all for me

2012 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

Pro-4X 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Does it all for me
By sanlee on

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had alot of vehicles in my driving life. Mustang GT, Maxima, alot of Nissan trucks, and this is my second Xterra. One vehicle can't do everything, but this does everything I need right now. I need 4WD for winter commutes, getting to the back of the woods, and job sites. The back cargo area is for the dog, the rear seats for gear or occasional passengers. The 6-speed manual and 260hp is for me. I have the PRO 4X and and Bilstein shocks make a BIG difference in handling and ride. Love 'em. With my 07 auto Xterra I never could get better than 19 mpg, and it was rare. With the manual I'm getting 20.5 mpg.

Power, 6-speed manual, Bilstein shocks, easy to clean cargo area, ability to haul dogs, gear and people comfortably in a 15' long vehicle. Driving position and views forward and to side are great.

Would love better gas mileage of course. Seat support is a bit soft, and upholstery looks to be of marginal quality. Rear headrests create blindspots.