2012 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
A Great Car For Anyone
By olaf_c on 10/30/13 07:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 xterra pro-4x with about 9k miles on it about 4 months ago. So far the car is extremely reliable, fun to drive and looks good. The only thing I do not like about the car is the cheap interior but even then it is made up for with comfortable leather seats and a great stereo. I also take it off roading and it is extremely good. Other jeeps can barely keep up with it. If you don't have fun in this car then you haven't been off-roading in it.

i should of kept my edge
By narcissa1 on 05/04/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i wanted a four wheel drive to get around iowa's back roads during the winter with all the room of an suv could offer more then my 08 edge. i like my exterra except the fact that when im on the roads on windy days i seem to blow as much as semis do cause of the height of the truck. i was thought i could get over not being able to get powered seats, navigation in the dash, or tvs in the head rests but i cant. for the final price of all the options i could get added i wish they would of allowed or gave the choice of those three other options. im suprised nissan wouldnt give you that unless you want a murano, just really bummed over limited options

Love/Hate
By hhilde on 11/26/12 17:16 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If I had the need I would buy this truck again and have two of them. That means I like the truck and I am happy I can get a tuck with all its functional capability in this particular size. I feel like I can go anywhere in any condition living in MN. All the professional reviews seem accurate so use those but what they don't say that I don't like is: I think the breaks are touchy and lacking feel. I also think the accelerator is jumpy meaning when you step on the gas get ready to jump and go go go! I find this annoying when trying to get out of a parallel parking spot gracefully without hitting the car in from of me. Especially downtown Seattle on a hill. Yikes!

In love
By prosha28 on 09/15/12 22:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my xterra for about 2 weeks (1000 miles now) and so far it has been a great vehicle. I sold my 2012 camaro because I wanted something simple and less extravagant. Plus, the camaro was giving me a headache of problems and I wanted to make the switch back to import. The gas mileage of the xterra is just ok, being able to take it on recreational trips will make up for this in the long run. Also, it feels solid and very secure to the road which I like, while being able to sit up high and in a comfortable position. I love how it rides like a truck, but does not knock you around too much.

I am very pleased with the Xterra so far.
By johnwaynext on 09/08/12 08:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had my Pro 4X Xterra for a few days but so far so good. I bought it for $5300 off list over Labor Day at Bommarito Nissan in Hazelwood, MO. Nissan had some great incentives then. The Xterra drives great, smooth on the highway and solid when I go off road. Fit and finish seem to be good. I like the leather seats. The upgraded sound system is wonderful, much better than the one found on the S and X models. Too early to tell about gas mileage. It will probably be comparable to my 98 GMC Jimmy at around 18 overall. I considered going to a car based CUV for better mileage but none of those seemed to be up to the capabilities of the Xterra. I will write updates regularly.

Does it all for me
By sanlee on 03/25/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had alot of vehicles in my driving life. Mustang GT, Maxima, alot of Nissan trucks, and this is my second Xterra. One vehicle can't do everything, but this does everything I need right now. I need 4WD for winter commutes, getting to the back of the woods, and job sites. The back cargo area is for the dog, the rear seats for gear or occasional passengers. The 6-speed manual and 260hp is for me. I have the PRO 4X and and Bilstein shocks make a BIG difference in handling and ride. Love 'em. With my 07 auto Xterra I never could get better than 19 mpg, and it was rare. With the manual I'm getting 20.5 mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Xterra in VA is:

$114 per month*