Used 2012 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Pro 4 Awesomness
By Brad C

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2012 Pro 4 X brand new from the dealership, I love it, best Vehicle I've ever owned. I just rolled up on 90,000 miles and the only mechanical issues I've had so far were two broken leaf springs. I cant complain about the maintenance cost because there have been almost None. If you Live in Maine you will understand we have a yearly safety inspection and the dealership always does mine and always passes with no issues. Tires, two new leaf springs and oil changes have been my only cost in the 90,000 miles. Quite a few of those miles have been off road. Its an awesome vehicle, to bad they don't import them in to the US any more.

Decent bang for your buck
By Granite Gargoyle

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable mechanically and holds it's resale value well.

A Great Car For Anyone
By olaf_c

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 xterra pro-4x with about 9k miles on it about 4 months ago. So far the car is extremely reliable, fun to drive and looks good. The only thing I do not like about the car is the cheap interior but even then it is made up for with comfortable leather seats and a great stereo. I also take it off roading and it is extremely good. Other jeeps can barely keep up with it. If you don't have fun in this car then you haven't been off-roading in it.

One of my favorite features is the stereo system. It has exceptional sound and the leather option makes the car more comfortable.

I wish the interior wasn't so cheaply made. It is all molded plastic and all black with no color contrast. To be honest I wish there was more rear legroom. I know this is not supposed to be a car designed for the rear passenger (mercedes s class, audi a8 l) but my son who is 6 feet tall cannot fit back there even with the seat far up.

i should of kept my edge
By narcissa1

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i wanted a four wheel drive to get around iowa's back roads during the winter with all the room of an suv could offer more then my 08 edge. i like my exterra except the fact that when im on the roads on windy days i seem to blow as much as semis do cause of the height of the truck. i was thought i could get over not being able to get powered seats, navigation in the dash, or tvs in the head rests but i cant. for the final price of all the options i could get added i wish they would of allowed or gave the choice of those three other options. im suprised nissan wouldnt give you that unless you want a murano, just really bummed over limited options

four wheel drive

offer the navigation, offer the tvs to be installed, & offer the power seats. i still dont understand why powered seats would not be an option!

Love/Hate
By hhilde

2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If I had the need I would buy this truck again and have two of them. That means I like the truck and I am happy I can get a tuck with all its functional capability in this particular size. I feel like I can go anywhere in any condition living in MN. All the professional reviews seem accurate so use those but what they don't say that I don't like is: I think the breaks are touchy and lacking feel. I also think the accelerator is jumpy meaning when you step on the gas get ready to jump and go go go! I find this annoying when trying to get out of a parallel parking spot gracefully without hitting the car in from of me. Especially downtown Seattle on a hill. Yikes!

It is a real truck SUV. Looks cool Strong engine I feel safe driving it The stereo is reasonably nice and I didn't replace it like I usually do with a new vehicle.

smoother acceleration from a complete stop Better feel in the breaks