Great Off-Road truck
By 2k11pro4x on
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Since I started driving AWD and 4x4 I can't really go back to 2WD cars anymore. Living in Canada having AWD or 4x4 is almost a must. Compare to my previous SUV this is my favorite thus far, however the Xterra does have it draw back which is the horrible gas mileage. This truck is not an ideal vehicle to use for daily commuter, because the best I've got is 15MPG. On a full tank (from full until the light goes on) I only get 242 miles city driving. On highway though, it is smooth, powerful, and comfortable for the long haul. I'm averaging 21MPG on highway. The capability for off roading is great, it can make any condition (almost), but in deep mud I got stuck but then again any stock would.
Favorite Features
I love the bluetooth feature. The moment the car is on, it automatically synced with my iphone 4 and any outgoing or incoming call automatically go to the stereo system. I also love the Rear Locking Differential system on this truck, making off roading much more easier. This also come standard for the Pro-4X the factory skid plates, which isn't the best compare to some aftermarket but it does the job. Tons of power to yank other truck out from the ditch, or haul a big trailer behind. The suspension are AWESOME, very smooth, I barely feel the potholes.
Suggested Improvements
If Nissan would put in a Economy mode on this truck, I think it is hands down the best production SUV on the road.