2011 Xterra S, you won't be disappointed
By One Trick Pony on
2011 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've never written a review before but have read others and found them helpful. Because of other positive reviews I purchased my 2011 S model and what a GREAT vehicle. The Xterra rides great, its very quiet,the performance of the 4.0 engine and trans is impressive. I drive approx. 100 miles per day and I'm getting almost 20 mpg on the button. The brake pedal is a little spongy but not a big deal. Even the base radio isn't disappointing to listen to. I do wish they made the upgraded radio an option with the 6 disc changer for the S model. I also drive a new 2010 loaded F-150 Platinum as my tow vehicle. I've owned BMW, Porsche, Acura, Corvette's, Shelby's etc. and the Xterra will be a keeper.
Favorite Features
I've always like the rugged looks. The 4.0 engine and transmission are smooth. Again, the ride is stable and secure feeling and the inside is quietier than my Toyota XLS Avalon. The wheels are clean looking. Also like the roof rack and the step rails, they add the rugged off road look.
Suggested Improvements
Okay, 2010 every vehicle should have home link and an outside temp gauge would be nice. Optional radio with 6 disc changer and fog/driving lights as option from factory. Firmer brake pedal, noticed that the shift lever has a little side to side wiggle. But none of these issues would change my mind.