2011 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Off-Road truck
By 2k11pro4x on 06/23/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since I started driving AWD and 4x4 I can't really go back to 2WD cars anymore. Living in Canada having AWD or 4x4 is almost a must. Compare to my previous SUV this is my favorite thus far, however the Xterra does have it draw back which is the horrible gas mileage. This truck is not an ideal vehicle to use for daily commuter, because the best I've got is 15MPG. On a full tank (from full until the light goes on) I only get 242 miles city driving. On highway though, it is smooth, powerful, and comfortable for the long haul. I'm averaging 21MPG on highway. The capability for off roading is great, it can make any condition (almost), but in deep mud I got stuck but then again any stock would.

This is my 2nd Xterra
By shoodoobee on 06/06/11 09:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2001 Xterra XE with 108k miles for 2011 Xterra SE about 1 month ago. This is a solid, safe SUV. The 2011 is very comfy, but there are some things I wish it had for the cost: a temperature gauge, a decent stereo, carpeted cargo area (otherwise EVERYTHING slides around), power seats, multi-CD changer, Sirius radio, and - better/different interior upholstery and plastic. Even a drop water stains these seats. It didn't on the 2001, but it does on the 2011. And the plastic console collects every piece of dust because it has a softer material. It really is annoying how much it collects and retains dust, hair, etc. Drive-wise, it's solid, fairly quiet, and does well in the mountains.

Great SUV, good value, poor stereo
By tomportland on 04/11/11 12:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good, strong SUV. Engine has great performance. Mileage within expected range. Was able to get it for about $5000 under sticker. Stereo is low quality. Sound is horrible--which explains the lack of an Aux input even in the S"S model.

PRO-4X is awesome
By outdoorzman on 01/02/11 19:57 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I picked the PRO-4X model and it's awesome. It's rugged and capable without sacrificing practibility. The V6 is very strong and the ride is very smooth. It has lots of little cubby holes and nets for storage. I like the fabric of the interior as well as the material in the rear cargo area. It should be very easy to clean. The top rack is very nice and it's also got a little storage area up there as well. The mileage isn't great and the back seats could be easier to get in and out of but it's an off-road SUV and I really didn't expect it to be any different. I picked this vehicle over the FJ because it was more practical for my needs. Take a look and I promise you will like it.

2011 Xterra S, you won't be disappointed
By One Trick Pony on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've never written a review before but have read others and found them helpful. Because of other positive reviews I purchased my 2011 S model and what a GREAT vehicle. The Xterra rides great, its very quiet,the performance of the 4.0 engine and trans is impressive. I drive approx. 100 miles per day and I'm getting almost 20 mpg on the button. The brake pedal is a little spongy but not a big deal. Even the base radio isn't disappointing to listen to. I do wish they made the upgraded radio an option with the 6 disc changer for the S model. I also drive a new 2010 loaded F-150 Platinum as my tow vehicle. I've owned BMW, Porsche, Acura, Corvette's, Shelby's etc. and the Xterra will be a keeper.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Xterra Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*