Used 2011 Nissan Xterra S SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Great SUV
By thisnthat3

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a number of different SUV brands over the years, this by far is the best. It is a "true" SUV not a crossover, lots of space & just generally a great fun car to drive. Very reliable, have driven back & forth down South a few times w/o any problems whatsoever. It was a year old when purchased.

UPDATE: Have now owned this car 3 years & its still runs as if brand new. Only regular maintenance performed, oil changes, tires, etc. Otherwise car runs great, no problems. Would definitely purchase another.

my wife and I love it
By cottonchopper

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 60 years old and have owned lots of other vehicles this is the best/ It can "Do It All". Great in the mountains / rides and handles great /tows our boat no problem/ lots of room/fun to drive /we go everywhere in it. Only regret is
I did not buy one years ago. we have 2011 xterra S 2wd and it goes every where we want to go /I can only imagine what a 4x4 is like.

easy to handle/lot of room /power/and fun. A real suv.

some of the plastic scratches easy

Love it!
By offroads11

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the 2011 Nissan Xterra S is our first Nissan. As far as brand we will never buy outside Nissan. The Xterra is a true SUV. Handles great off road and on long road trips. We love the outside design as well as the interior. For the price it is a great buy!!

The Xterra S comes with step-sides, fog lights, top cross bars, and off road tires. The interior is roomy and we love the plastic seat back/storage area. We found it to be one of the selling points of the SUV. We are big into the out doors life style, so it's east for clean up. We also LOVE the stadium back seating and how the back seats are removable for more storage room. This V-6 SUV has great power and tow capability.

For being a 2011 we would have loved to have a temperature gauges in the dash, with an IPOD option or hook up option. Blue-tooth would have also been a nice option.

This is my 2nd Xterra
By shoodoobee

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2001 Xterra XE with 108k miles for 2011 Xterra SE about 1 month ago. This is a solid, safe SUV. The 2011 is very comfy, but there are some things I wish it had for the cost: a temperature gauge, a decent stereo, carpeted cargo area (otherwise EVERYTHING slides around), power seats, multi-CD changer, Sirius radio, and - better/different interior upholstery and plastic. Even a drop water stains these seats. It didn't on the 2001, but it does on the 2011. And the plastic console collects every piece of dust because it has a softer material. It really is annoying how much it collects and retains dust, hair, etc. Drive-wise, it's solid, fairly quiet, and does well in the mountains.

Acceleration, quiet, size of cargo area, dash controls, solid ride.

Temperature gauge, decent stereo, carpeted cargo area (if you want it carpeted, you must buy separately), Satellite radio, better gas mileage, higher quality windshield wipers.