2011 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x review
By nissanboy1 on 06/17/14 11:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Xterra strictly for it's offroad capabilities and here is my opinion after 36k miles: I bought a manual tranny model cause I was unsure if Nissan fixed the automatic tranny problem. First gear on the 6 speed is pretty good ratio wise for crawling around technical rocky terrain, I live in NV where that is most of the terrain. The stock tires were terrible offroad and should not be used in hard wheeling conditions. My Xterra would climb like a billy goat, but performed terribly in snow and mud as it wouldn't allow wheel spin to get through such. I blew up the front axle when I pulled the fuse to allow me to actually get the front wheels spinning in snow. Towing is sketchy!!!

Great SUV
By moose72690 on 12/17/13 09:30 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV!!! I have the 2011 Xterra S Black. I put a NISMO cold air intake on it and it sounds fantastic! It feels safe with all the features and how high you sit up. The only complaint is that it gets 19mpg at best and there is no AUX port????

Great SUV
By thisnthat3 on 09/26/13 06:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a number of different SUV brands over the years, this by far is the best. It is a "true" SUV not a crossover, lots of space & just generally a great fun car to drive. Very reliable, have driven back & forth down South a few times w/o any problems whatsoever. It was a year old when purchased.

Solid Truck, lacks features, it is what it is though.
By skrillax on 12/29/11 07:55 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2011 Xterra about 6 months ago. Its a very solid truck, tons of power, great torque, havent had the time to get down in the snow but it seems to carry itself well through all other weather situations. It definitely lacks some features for a 2011 model, suck as an AV input or a USB input. The stereo system isnt as bad as people say, just change the head unit and it sounds fine. Interior could use some better materials, but its a Utility / Off Road built truck, its good for what its built for. Get a Pathfinder if you want luxury.

my wife and I love it
By cottonchopper on 12/08/11 08:42 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 60 years old and have owned lots of other vehicles this is the best/ It can "Do It All". Great in the mountains / rides and handles great /tows our boat no problem/ lots of room/fun to drive /we go everywhere in it. Only regret is I did not buy one years ago. we have 2011 xterra S 2wd and it goes every where we want to go /I can only imagine what a 4x4 is like.

Traditional Midsize SUV
By creepers on 10/02/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you like the traditional SUV then you will love the 2011 Pro-4X. 4.0 liter V6 is high output engine is more than enough power. Great ride with they Bilstein performance shocks. Good looking tires (had the car a month - do not know how the tires will wear yet). Traditional SUV exterior styling. Leather seats are super comfortable. Rockford Fosgate head unit sounds great. The auxillary interface is nice. The IPOD interface is also a major plus. Nice big side back windows. Looked at a new FJ and used H3 but decided agains because the size and or lack of windows.

One of the last traditional midsized SUVs
By zweibel on 09/23/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Xterra PRO-4X is large enough for a family of four (although not long-legged teenagers in the back seats), but small enough to maneuver around town and offroad. It is powerful enough to easily tow my 2,000 lb boat at 75mph or climb Colorado mountain passes while fully loaded. I bought it because I wanted a midsized SUV with genuine offroad capability and decent performance on paved roads. My last two vehicles were overloaded with technology and too fragile for my tastes. Like the ads used to say, it has everything you need and nothing you don't.

Great SUV with crappy tires
By vjx on 08/16/11 16:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything about the Xterra except the tires. First time 4 wheeling lost a tire. Can't understand why they put jelly bean tires on an otherwise rugged SUV. Soft tires also contribute to poor gas mileage. If you can afford it, switch the tires out ASAP.

Throw away the radio
By mossman4 on 07/25/11 14:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bad stereo, bad sound , No auxiliary jack, bad reception, disappointing.

Love it!
By offroads11 on 06/25/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the 2011 Nissan Xterra S is our first Nissan. As far as brand we will never buy outside Nissan. The Xterra is a true SUV. Handles great off road and on long road trips. We love the outside design as well as the interior. For the price it is a great buy!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Xterra Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*