Very Happy with My Xterra
By xterras on
2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Wanted an SUV that's powerful, sturdy with reasonable off road capacities. Picked X due to its fair pricing, powerful engine(VQ), solid BoF construction, great outward visibility & the cute look. Have put 5K miles on it so far, incl. a 2500 mile trip in 1 week. Really impressed with the acceleration. Great handling. Tight turn radius. Perfect size for a single guy. I prefer firm seats and find X's very comfortable. Like the high seating position, feel confident. High ground clearance, no need for ramps when changing oil. I felt far less tired driving the X for a full day, than diving a civic (my previous car). Manual is not clear about gas octane, so I use #89 since the engine is VQ.
Favorite Features
Did I mention the engine is powerful? Smooth transmission esp. when up- shift. Perfect size, easy to drive on narrowed mountain roads, easy to park, yet have more than enough cargo space. Rear seat can fold flat so I can sleep inside comfortably. MPG as advertised. Great visibility. Solid truck.
Suggested Improvements
For the S model, please either have a 6-disk changer (even my 10-yr old civic has one!), or have an AUX interface. So I don't have to listen to the same CD over and over again on long trip. Make interior and cargo area scratch less easily. Also, certain interior parts (e.g. door handles) feel loose.