Great off road vehicle
By jp on
2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Great SUV. This Suv can handle any conditions. I love driving in the snow and the stability control is great. The ride is great in town and off road. It's a bit bumpy on the highway but accelerates great when passing. The arm rests are very poorly placed and you really have no where to put your arms. My gas mileage is horrible but the dealer says the engine is still breaking in. If anyone else has an off road, please tell me it actually gets 15mpg when it breaks in? I am getting like 13mpg city/highway right now. I am not sure if they tested the off road package accurately with the bigger tires? I wish they would do away with the plastic cargo area. It scratches and is worthless.
Favorite Features
Ground clearance and the power are great. The RF stereo is ok but I miss my bose. The seats are comfy and the back seats have great room. Overall its a great truck but they could change a few things.
Suggested Improvements
Please add a sunroof. It needs one desperately. I can live without the rack or just modify it so a sun roof will fit. Add some beefer chrome bumpers so it doesn't look so cheap. Please do away with the plastic cargo area. It scratches and every thing slides around.I am looking at a spray in bed liner