Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

I was wrong
By Josh

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a poor review on my new off road X back in December. I had a couple of rattles but Nissan fixed them. The rattles in the dash are only when it was cold and the dealer came through. The more I drive my X the more I love it. The power of the v6 is great and you really get use to the stiff ride. It actually handles great for a truck and very sporty. Overall a great vehicle. I have to admit me first impressions were way off. I really enjoy my x and it was good choice.

Ground clearance, easy clean seats, great power, towing and amazing handling. I have never driven a truck that handles as well.

Get rid of the plastic cargo area. Get rid of the uncomfortable head rests (I guess there suppose to prevent whip lash?) Please make a sun roof an option. That's it otherwise it's great!

Nice simple truck
By Tyler

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the Xterra for 6 months now, and it has been great. It has great power for an SUV, and is pretty roomy inside for my family of 4. I get around 16 mpg in town, and around 20 on the freeway. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room. While it is plenty quiet on the pavement, when you get on a dirt or gravel road, the it resonates and is quite loud. I have the tow package, and have towed a small trailer once, it did great.

Power, looks, trip computer.

Heated seats and a thermometer. I can't believe there is no thermometer on a car this expensive!!

My Xterra
By cbw

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking around for a new truck. I was waiting on the new F-150, but Ford make them so big now, it wouldn't fit in the garage. So, I went the SUV route. The Xterra is one of the few built on a fully boxed truck frame for better strength. Sure it may use a little more gas than the others but it's a rock and it will run when you need it. I only have 800 miles on it and so far very impressed. I just hope it will get better when it's broken in. I tossed in a K&N panel filter and I am getting 19 in town. For those who don't know, Nissan rates it @ 15 in town.

Power, seats are supportive, room and storage bins around the center console. It won't stop at 100 like my wife's Escape.

Glove box a little too small. Put in 5yr 100k coolant to cut down cost a little. At 40 it has already shifted into top gear and it will moan because you are going too slow for the gear.

Tough
By cbw

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to increase your mileage, toss in a K&N filter. I am getting 19 in town with the air on. I can't complain too much since I did upgrade from a car. Sure you are going to burn a little gas, but it's worth it for a compact SUV with a fully boxed frame. The ride is quiet even @ 80,90, 100, it's a rock.

Power. Seats are supportive. Room.

Toughen up the interior materials a bit more.

Striking vehicle
By WranglerDriver

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driven my Terra for several months now. Great acceleration and fairly smooth compared to my Durango and of course, Jeep Wrangler. Have not taken it off-road but great on heavy snow with 4x4 enabled. It is a truck so not as smooth as a crossover, but I prefer the toughness of the build and the Off-road version gives extra protection underneath and better tires.

Smooth tranny, good power from a 6 cyl. Lots of storage and cup holders. Striking looks and height, can find my Terra in any parking lot.

Outdoor Temperature Gauge should come on compass display of rear view mirror. Stereo can use a bit more power, can easily max volume driving with window open. Fuel economy is a bit low. Cargo area does scratch.