2010 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
rattles aready ?
By Josh on 12/06/09 21:53 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 08 pathfinder in for a brand new xterra off road. I was hoping to get away from the rattles and thought it would be good to go for a off road vehicle that I thought would hold up. I have only had my xterra for a month and it is rattling bad in door panels and the dash. I hope my warranty will cover this? Not too impressed for a new vehicle to rattle like this. I had a 2000 pathfinder that rattles less. Hope they can fix it but if not it will be my last Nissan purchase for sure.

Love My Xterra
By BStanky on 12/06/09 16:37 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my eye on the Xterra after buying an Altima for my wife last year. This year I traded in my old Explorer and after considering the smaller Escape, I drove over to the Nissan dealership and am glad I did. I love this vehicle. The performance from the 4.0L 6cyl engine is superb. The ride is smooth thanks to the 17" wheels and tires, comfortable beyond belief. I wish fuel economy was better, but I am getting 20 MPGs. As the Edmund's model review notes, the brakes take a little getting use to as they are a bit mushy. I love the Rockford/Fosgate audio system with XM, 6CD disk, 9 speakers and blue tooth. This is a very well built vehicle, no rattles or squeaks, and a pure joy to drive.

Back to the X
By X247 on 11/30/09 20:24 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 xterra and after 2 years I trade for a Pathfinder, The X was underpowered. Now I'm back to the X, its an improvement to the older model and rides just as good the Pathfinder. For the money is a great SUV, LOADED which is nice. I went for an off road but the SE is what I found. I'm keeping it till it dies!

Great SUV for the money!!
By Rico on 11/28/09 16:15 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new Nissan and my first SUV. I mainly brought this Xterra because it fit my active lifestyle. I do a lot of mountain biking and camping and the Xterra has a lot of factory installed equipment that helps me move my gear along without any problems. The Xterra is a guy SUV it is clean and simple and has the right amount of options inside and out. If you are looking for great SUV with great reliability and safety features check out the Xterra.

Best Ride Yet From Nissan
By JTCKC on 11/13/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan Xterra. I went in to the dealership for my regular maintenance and decided to trade up. Leather, GPS, xm radio, 4.0 v6 17" wheels with rims. Man this is a fantastic upgrade. I loved my 2007 Xterra, but they bought it for more than I owed and got me in a new one for a better payment. I'll never drive anything else. I love everything about it. You'd be crazy to pass one up. I never had 1 issue with my 2007 and this one outshines the 2007 by far. I look forward to driving this for a long time to come!!

It was just a rental
By Eric on 11/11/09 22:57 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While on business in Fort Lauderdale, the rental company gave me a 2010 Xterra because they we're out of Town Cars. I LOVE driving it. I have a Mercury Mountaineer back home and am considering trading it for an Xterra. Its high up (which helps in Miami traffic) and sporty and very comfortable. I would recommend it to any executive traveling. Definitely not your typical "soccer mom car".

Great Vehicle
By ShadowFox on 11/06/09 11:37 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is amazing. Since I purchased the Off Road version, I figured I was going to compromise ride quality and overall comfort. Nothing could be further from the truth. The ride quality is surprisingly comfortable, the seats sit well, and the Rockford Fosgate system kicks. The utility features of the vehicle are some of the best in the market. I've even done a little of my own testing off road. This thing is amazing in the dirt and rocks. The 4LO and locking rear differential are easy to use and get you out of just about anything. Engine performance is impressive for an SUV. The V6 is plenty powerful, quiet and buttery smooth. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

Very Nice SUV for the Money
By Mark on 11/03/09 09:01 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Xterra S 4X4. The X is a ruggedly built vehicle with plenty of power. The seats are very comfortable and the X drives like a truck - no luxury ride here!!! The downsides to the X are mileage and you will do well to get 19 MPG. I'm not worry about the resale, but I plan to keep it until it dies and I only have 500 miles on it now. Great stopping power and acceleration, along with decent gas mileage for the size of the car. it drives so smoothly. It is good on gas and for the price (compared to other SUV's in the same category) you just can’t go wrong with it! I would recommend that anyone buy this car as I couldn't have picked

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Xterra in WA is:

$141 per month*