2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
A traditional truck based SUV
By gman on 04/19/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this traditional truck based SUV for the past 2.5 months and have been impressed by its all weather and cargo hauling capabilities. Two snow storms in February and two rain storms in March provided a great opportunity to test the 4WD system and ground clearance. 1.5 feet of snow was not a problem. Test drove Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner and FJ Cruiser before buying the Xterra on price and amenities. Good size vehicle for maneuvering in urban streets and traffic. Gas mileage is comparable to other truck based SUV's in class.

2010 xterra
By hondaf1 on 04/02/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really dont know what everyone is talking about. This truck does not have a rough ride quality. Trans shifts smoothly and overall first impressions are great

A great all weather vehicla
By ChrisR on 04/02/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My previous car was an 07 Saturn Vue. I looked at Toyota,Honda & Kia before going for the XTERRA. I am so pleased that I did. It is excellent for the money. first Nissan I have ever owned. A day or so after I purchased it we had the worst snow in NJ for many years followed by heavy rain storm and high winds. The X performed excellently in all conditions. It has an excellent heater. Very good visibility all around. Steering a little heavy when maneuvering in 4WD but not an issue really. It provides and excellent feeling of security in bad weather conditions.

A Four-Wheeled Swiss Army Knife
By Paul on 03/04/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great old-school SUV blending a sophisticated and smooth engine and transmission with an overbuilt frame (based on the frame used on the mammoth Nissan Titan pickup)and strong and straightforward suspension. Last week, my area was struck with a blizzard that left over 12" of snow on the ground, and the Xterra was virtually unstoppable. The ride is pretty firm, so drive before you buy, but if you want a solid, truly versatile all-weather vehicle large enough to handle 4 passengers and cargo, yet small enough to maneuver and park in an urban environment, look no further.

A nice truck based SUV
By Hoss on 01/27/10 22:50 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying the Xterra, I looked a the FJ , the Wrangler, as well as some trucks. The X has the perfect blend of creature comforts and ruggedness. I traded an Audi for the X, and I do miss some of the luxury, but the X makes up for it in other ways. The gas mileage is OK, I get 13-15 in town, and 19-20 on the freeway. The seats are leather in the SE, but they are low grade leather and not heated. The stereo sound good, better than the Bose unit in my old Audi. Its very easy to see out of, and my kids think its great to sit up high. Im glad I bought the X, The Portable GPS is great, better than built in units.

Great SUV with minor issues
By towens on 01/23/10 20:44 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in an 08 Toyota Rav4 and we only had it for 2 days but my wife and I are very pleased with it. The leather, xm radio, ride, performance and handling are great. The optional navigation is cool and hides easily. There is a few items that we'll have to get used to such as no automatic headlights, accessories don't automatically shut off when you turn the vehicle off, unusual placement of the tire jack. We also noticed that the trip computer is faded and will need to be returned for a replacement.

Not a daily driver
By bill on 01/01/10 04:15 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased my off road x. I drove it around town and very little highway. Big mistake. It is not a highway or road trip vehicle. The stiff suspension is great in town and off road but you pay a price for a rough travel car. It's like riding a jack hammer. Like a jeep wrangler, it does poorly on the highway and at high speeds on the snow, it slips very easy! Not the best ski trip vehicle but great in town and off road.

I got a good deal on a 2010 OFF ROAD
By Hardy on 12/19/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A week or so back I feel that I got a good deal on a OFF ROAD package. I got them down to $23,600. Out the door was about 27,700. I'm 6'4 and I find the Xterra comfortable. I have not had the chance to take it off road yet but cant wait to. One of the selling points was the rear locking diffand the offroad lights. Its nice to see that comes stock for the offroad package. Also my wife loves the Bluetooth, portable Garmin navigation system and the Rockford Fosgate stereo. Buy one if you can find one at a good price

Most fun vehicle I ever purchased
By fuzzman on 12/09/09 16:59 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While I have only had this vehicle 1 wk. It by far is most fun to own out of the dzns of cars/truck I have had. We just had a big snowstorm come thru town and this rig drove thru it like nothing! Plenty of power & lots of style. My only disappointment is the cheap sound system that I will have to upgrade! Other than that the best way to sum it up is great fun!

Great off road vehicle
By jp on 12/08/09 20:00 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV. This Suv can handle any conditions. I love driving in the snow and the stability control is great. The ride is great in town and off road. It's a bit bumpy on the highway but accelerates great when passing. The arm rests are very poorly placed and you really have no where to put your arms. My gas mileage is horrible but the dealer says the engine is still breaking in. If anyone else has an off road, please tell me it actually gets 15mpg when it breaks in? I am getting like 13mpg city/highway right now. I am not sure if they tested the off road package accurately with the bigger tires? I wish they would do away with the plastic cargo area. It scratches and is worthless.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Xterra Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*