Used 2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Love to drive it!
By x-terra girl x 2

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2000 x-terra (213,000 miles) with a 2010 x-terra off road. Loved my old buddy very much. I went from Manual to Automatic, which was good in some instances; tho I miss shifting. I travel in snow (sometimes up to the grill-with good tires) and travel off-road all year long and could not ask for a better SUV. "Sam" was a great truck, and now "SamSon" (yes I name my cars) will hopefully be with me 10 - 12 years. I highly recommend the X-Terra line.

4.0 liter engine more power to tow. Bigger foot print makes it more stable around corners and roomier. I did mourn my 2000 x-terra for about 2 weeks - do love the 2010 now

yeah, they did miss the outside temp gauge on the rear view mirror as an option, cargo area is slick for puppies and cargo, wish I could have gotten side rails on off-road pkg hard to get to roof. Heated seats without them being leather, and the outside step to "no where".

Great driving SUV
By Clobber

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 97 4Runner with a 2010 Xterra. Had my doubts initially, but after 3 months I am sold! I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. Lots of cargo room. Great visibility, and really responsive steering. More fun to drive than the 4Runner was. At 178" it is easy to park and maneuver in tight surroundings. Smooth transmission, smooth ride, and quieter than I was expecting. Love the fact that the rear seats fold flat. No regrets.

Really responsive steering; roominess; visibility; powerful headlights; good tires; trip computer; firm comfortable seats; fuel economy is not as bad as I was expecting.

Would like to see back seat windows go all the way down; heated seats; miss the rear power window on the 4Runner's tailgate - that would be a nice touch on Xterra; don't like the horn - you must take your hands off the wheel and press the center firmly to activate, safety hazard.

Great durability - light on design
By Ensign

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been buying Nissans since 1981 mostly for their engines. Generally they tend to be superior on durability but light on comfort and convenience. My Xterra is the first SUV I have owned. I bought the X model because I wanted a manual transmission but did not want to buy the more expensive off road. As usual the engine and transmission are excellent but poor design on comfort and convenience. I could not believe there is no side mirror control and no map light. No mirror or light in the visor. The storage compartments are poorly designed. These little things are not expensive but are very much appreciated by consumers. Nissan designers - get a clue!

Good engine and transmission. Very quiet for an SUV

Need to have side mirror controls, map light and mirror visors on all models. More and better storage compartments. AC controls for passengers on X model. Power to outlets should turn on/off with ignition system. Manuel transmission should be available on all Xterra models.

My bad a** xterra
By jjabb

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loving my xterra out here in the Arizona desert. It is the SUV you want. Nice clearance and great power to get you through any terrain.

The power this is not the SUV for you if you worry about gas but if its power you want this is the SUV for you.

'06 Wrangler Rubicon Replacement
By Nimrod

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After Telluride last year and Moab this year I decided it was either Big $$ to upgrade the Rubicon or stop and go in another direction. Here in Northern NM mountains, the Xterra has very capable attributes. I've had it on one of the roughest off-roads in the area with no problemes at all. The ground clearance is better than a stock '06 Rubicon and the stock tires are taller. The extra wheel base gives the Xterra an edge over the Rubicon for comfort. Cargo space is a huge winner and the power sealed the deal. The AT takes some getting use to in 4WD as I now drive with the brake rather than the gas/clutch. I'm 6'4" and the fit is perfect. Family's 9th Nissan w/wife's current '09 Pathfinder

Power, Bilstein shocks, ground clearance, firm seats, quiet ride, cargo space, good 360 degree view.

Needs serious slider bars for the rocker panels. Skid plates are a joke - Wife's cookie sheets just might be thicker. Heated outside mirrors and ext. temp gauge would help. Bulbous front bumper should be replaced with a real bumper and good tow points. Needs a lock for the storage space on top.