2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Good Buy
By ficklest on 09/24/11 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Xterra because I wanted the, up-high road view, safety and comfort of an SUV, but didn't want to spend over $30K. Also, the style of the X has always turned my head; I got the gun metal gray - great looking vehicle. So, I got exactly what I wanted. Nothing fancy about the X, but I have what I need, but no toys. Toys are nice. I miss them, but don't need them. I commute 104 miles per day and find the X to be a comfortable ride - not rough as so many have said. I'm getting 21 MPG on a stop-and-go highway ride - much better than I expected. With gas prices on the rise, I will most likely go back to a small, gas efficient vehicle next purchase, but I am enjoying the X.

Paved or not, this beats them all!
By sailorman on 08/01/10 01:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Xterra. We have a Ford Escape and were going to get another one but after one drive in the Xterra we couldn't go back. I still grin when I have to load cargo into the massive trunk or crawl over rocks effortlessly. The huge windows all around offer a wonderful view and safer lane-changing. I spend the week commuting and this bulky SUV is surprisingly comfortable. On the weekends, it dominates off-road and I've never doubted if it could take me where I want to go. This is a great all-around vehicle for me and my growing family.

My Xterra
By cbw on 05/15/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking around for a new truck. I was waiting on the new F-150, but Ford make them so big now, it wouldn't fit in the garage. So, I went the SUV route. The Xterra is one of the few built on a fully boxed truck frame for better strength. Sure it may use a little more gas than the others but it's a rock and it will run when you need it. I only have 800 miles on it and so far very impressed. I just hope it will get better when it's broken in. I tossed in a K&N panel filter and I am getting 19 in town. For those who don't know, Nissan rates it @ 15 in town.

Tough
By cbw on 05/14/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to increase your mileage, toss in a K&N filter. I am getting 19 in town with the air on. I can't complain too much since I did upgrade from a car. Sure you are going to burn a little gas, but it's worth it for a compact SUV with a fully boxed frame. The ride is quiet even @ 80,90, 100, it's a rock.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Xterra Suv in NJ is:

$192 per month*