2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Value on and Off Road
By xterraoffroad on 09/27/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a Frontier to upgrading to the Xterra Off Road and WOW. This vehicle is an incredible performer on and off road. It's filled with everything you need like hill-descent assist, locking diffs, 4X4, lots of space and cargo hold, and nothing you don't. The seats fold completely flat, the roof rack has plenty of room for the kayaks, and the awesome 4.0 V6 has more than enough power to tow my 26 ft sailboat. I can't say enough about how smooth this truck rides and how well it conquers terrain off road. Surprisingly, I have been averaging 20mpg. I thought I would have done much worse, but it just makes this rig that much sweeter. Nissan's 4.0L is indestructible. Highly recommend!

avoid nissan!
By bob508 on 10/29/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i'm a older woman with a disability, yet they sold me this lemon without disclosing it has a major defect. the cooling line from the transmission into the radiator ruptures and fills the trans with water. did not happen yet, but nissan acted incredulous when asked to remedy the defect. the last straw was when the dealer went to fix a flat on the xterra, and let me drive it for several days with 70 pounds of air in the tire. the dealer and nissan have not only caused a financial hardship for me, now they've risked life and limb as they continue to ignore my complaint.

Good Buy
By ficklest on 09/24/11 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Xterra because I wanted the, up-high road view, safety and comfort of an SUV, but didn't want to spend over $30K. Also, the style of the X has always turned my head; I got the gun metal gray - great looking vehicle. So, I got exactly what I wanted. Nothing fancy about the X, but I have what I need, but no toys. Toys are nice. I miss them, but don't need them. I commute 104 miles per day and find the X to be a comfortable ride - not rough as so many have said. I'm getting 21 MPG on a stop-and-go highway ride - much better than I expected. With gas prices on the rise, I will most likely go back to a small, gas efficient vehicle next purchase, but I am enjoying the X.

Solid SUV...worth a look
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Xterra is a true off-road capable SUV. We have about 6k miles on ours and it's been great so far. We bought the Xterra because we wanted a true 4wd that could eventually take the place of my aging Toyota Tacoma. We drove a lot of vehicles before deciding on the Xterra. No regrets. Pros- It's fun to drive and well appointed. The V6 is very powerful. Good size, not too big or too small. Cons- It's not fuel efficient. My guess is that 20 mpg is the best you can expect on the hwy, 15 in the city. Interior plastics scratch easily which is a little annoying.

Very Happy with My Xterra
By xterras on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted an SUV that's powerful, sturdy with reasonable off road capacities. Picked X due to its fair pricing, powerful engine(VQ), solid BoF construction, great outward visibility & the cute look. Have put 5K miles on it so far, incl. a 2500 mile trip in 1 week. Really impressed with the acceleration. Great handling. Tight turn radius. Perfect size for a single guy. I prefer firm seats and find X's very comfortable. Like the high seating position, feel confident. High ground clearance, no need for ramps when changing oil. I felt far less tired driving the X for a full day, than diving a civic (my previous car). Manual is not clear about gas octane, so I use #89 since the engine is VQ.

Love it
By sockeye on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle wanting to have a multipurpose vehicle that could also pull a boat. I looked at the CRV, ford escape, Rav4, 4runner. The first 3 really couldn't do the job of pulling a boat and are really more of a car dressed as an SUV. The 4 runner is nice, but too big to also have in the city and also expensive. So far the Xterra has been perfect. I have taken it on and off road many times and it handles great. Definitely more of a truck ride, but on any half decent road it feels just like any other modern vehicle.

Paved or not, this beats them all!
By sailorman on 08/01/10 01:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Xterra. We have a Ford Escape and were going to get another one but after one drive in the Xterra we couldn't go back. I still grin when I have to load cargo into the massive trunk or crawl over rocks effortlessly. The huge windows all around offer a wonderful view and safer lane-changing. I spend the week commuting and this bulky SUV is surprisingly comfortable. On the weekends, it dominates off-road and I've never doubted if it could take me where I want to go. This is a great all-around vehicle for me and my growing family.

From Old to New
By hirosfca on 07/30/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from my 2002 Xterra 4x2 to the 4x4 Off Road package. I actually use this vehicle for the road trips, on and off road. Sometimes, I would venture onto a path or pseudo-road that turned off road and regret that I only had a 4x2 so this new addition of the total off road capability is very nice. Now I wont be worried about getting stuck or stopping our adventure short due to the vehicle's off road capability. I love the sparse easy to clean interior and the tough chunky looks. I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and that is a great piece of mind to know that Nissan will back up the reliability of the vehicles they make.

Love My Little Beast!
By Outlaw Blondie on 07/14/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a truck/lrg.SUV person and planned on buying another GMC, but they seem to make all these new Make/Models so ridiculously bulky that I debated for 2 years. I looked at every truck and SUV, it was like Goldilocks and The 3 Bears. This one is to small, this one is to big, this one is too sissy, this one is too boring, then finally Ah this one feels just right. I went shopping with my son who bought an Xterra. Within a week I loved it so much I bought one, and within a week after that my brother-in-law loved ours so much he bought one. Now we are planning some kewl family Off-roading trips. The SE is fun and sporty, yet classy enough for a night out on the town. I Love it!

Love to drive it!
By x-terra girl x 2 on 06/27/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2000 x-terra (213,000 miles) with a 2010 x-terra off road. Loved my old buddy very much. I went from Manual to Automatic, which was good in some instances; tho I miss shifting. I travel in snow (sometimes up to the grill-with good tires) and travel off-road all year long and could not ask for a better SUV. "Sam" was a great truck, and now "SamSon" (yes I name my cars) will hopefully be with me 10 - 12 years. I highly recommend the X-Terra line.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Xterra Suv in VA is:

$113 per month*