2009 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Great SUV For The Money

2009 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

Great SUV For The Money
By Rob on

2009 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I'm very pleased with my Xterra SE. Something I haven't seen mentioned here is a recent recall I was told about through a Nissan mailing. The mailing states that there "could be" a bad weld on the torsion bar and to schedule an appointment with the dealership and they'd diagnose and repair at no cost if necessary. The dealer informed me that they needed a special welder to do the repair and they didn't have one there. They are supposed to locate a business nearby that can handle the job and contact me. They also said that Corporate Nissan informed them that this recall is for ALL Xterra's- not some of them. I felt a bit deceived by the mailing at that point. Otherwise, I'm very happy.

Sound System, Blue Tooth, XM all work great. Very happy with the exterior looks and interior versatility. I camp, mountain bike, carpool etc... and it's very capable in all areas.

Interior could benefit with stronger plastic-seems to "ding/scratch" quite easily (I'm outdoorsie but, I'm pretty conscious about taking it easy on the overall appearance of my purchase). Exterior Temp Gauge. Rear Heat/AC Control/Vents. Front Seat Heaters.