2008 Nissan Xterra 4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 4 Guys and Their Stuff

2008 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

4 Guys and Their Stuff - Anywhere!
By Xtrapol8 on

2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The FJ Cruiser and the 4-door Rubicon are both excellent vehicles that also have serious off-road capabilities and a manual transmission ... but I've made the right choice for me. Three other 6' 200lb guys can accompany me into oblivion for a 5-day canoe trip and return home again nothing but pleased with the Xterra. On the flipside, my 5'2" 100lb wife and my 4 and 7 year old children love it too. Soon I'll get some proper rock sliders that they can use as a step up into the truck. For a truck that you sit ON and command, and that will do almost anything, the Xterra is remarkably quiet and easy to drive in town and on the highway. High end stereo/CD/MP3/iPod helps too.

Favorite Features

Ground clearance, ride height, seating position, visibility, versatility, torque, safety, attitude, shockworks.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel econ. worse than advertised; OEM tires disappointing in snow; Not enough tow hooks; Make yourself a mat for the scratchy-slidy cargo area (<$20); Switches/knobs could be more substantial; ... and, without being greedy, that's about it.