2008 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: CAN'T SAY ENOUGH!

2008 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

X 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

By graysith on

2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After major disappointment with my previous 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I turned to Nissan's Xterra, and will never turn back. In the 5-1/2 years that I've owned mine I've had no trouble other than a cracked in-tire air pressure sensor, but that's it. Drives great, super in snow and weather, dependable, trustworthy and comfortable. I needed something able to get through IA blizzard conditions; this baby does it! Have 113K miles on her (80% highway), and plan on keeping "Bear" for at least double that! No regrets whatsoever; I highly recommend Nissan for quality, performance, strength and durability. Leaves Jeep floundering in the dust, let me tell you that!

Ease of handling, comfortable front seats, dependable and well made. I haven't put any $$$ into this SUV other than routine maintenance and tires (and one new tire air pressure sensor). I haven't towed anything with it yet but don't foresee any issues with this, judging from the reviews I've read here. (I heartily agree with all reviews, btw!) Good air and heat; maintains comfortable interior temp. Insurance on this vehicle is easy on the pocketbook, too.

Gas mileage could be better, but it could be better in any vehicle! Use different tire pressure sensor (the in-tire one); perhaps this has already been addressed in newer models.