More holes in your wallet
By Sherpa on
2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I got my '08 Off-Road edition in Dec 2007. I have driven it on both city streets and highway, and have been on a few long road trips. For being a truck, Xterra offers a very comfortable ride. At the end of my longest trip, six hours, I still felt very relaxed with no sore muscles. On the highway, this vehicle will not disappoint you. Those little hills on the highway won't be a problem at all and passing other vehicles is a breeze. In the city, it's amazing. If I am stopped at a light and the light turns green and I step on the gas, it just goes! One thing I hate is the cold weather driving. It feels a little sluggish until the engine reaches the optimal level. Waiting to offroad now.
Favorite Features
Engine power, seating up high, amazing ground clearance, overall build quality, big off-road tires, 360- degree road visibility from inside, Off-Road controls (4Hi and 4Lo mode, rear-differential locker, downhill-assist although I haven't used the downhill assist feature yet), and the foldable seats.
Suggested Improvements
Would love to see a diesel option, the rear passenger doors could be wider (have gotten complaints from the passengers that getting in and out is a little difficult), interior could use some brush-ups and have more fun and vibrant trim. Sunroof option would be nice.