Fun to drive and reliable
By DSuteu on
2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I live in New England, and used to own a Ford Mustang :(. After a really bad snow storm last December, I decided that owning a 4X4 vehicle is a MUST, so I purchased the Xterra. What a fun SUV to drive! Coming from a smaller car I was worried about its size and visibility, but after only a week of driving it, it felt like I've been driving it forever. It is fast on highway, and quick to respond in city traffic; smooth acceleration, great braking, not to mention the 4X4 performance in snowy conditions. Its gas mileage improved significantly from about 14mi/g to almost 17mi/g (I now have 3k miles on it). I truly like it!
Favorite Features
I love its ground clearance and 4X4 for we have a cabin in the woods and a 1 mi dirt road/driveway to get to it. I also like the fold down rear seats, it gives you a lot of cargo space. I like the steel wheels, as I do not have to now worry about curb rash.
Suggested Improvements
I would like a vanity mirror, I am after all a girl :-) and maybe lumbar support. After about 2 hours of driving my lower back starts hurting.