2008 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Truck
By charles on 11/06/08 06:59 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it last year, I was between the Jeep Rubicon (which i have always wanted) and this. I had to go with the better of the two, the Xterra has definitely proved a worthy truck. The manual transmission is great, the engine has a lot of power, and for off roading, it's amazing. I bought some All terrain tires, stock ones were a little dull, performs amazing in the snow. Always find an excuse to go driving, close to 10,000 miles already and planning a 700 mile road trip soon. The handling is just what I expected, it drives like a truck because it is one. Fuel I am averaging around 19, I drive fast though and with OR tires. I have had some minor problems, but nothing serious.

4 Guys and Their Stuff - Anywhere!
By Xtrapol8 on 02/21/08 14:04 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The FJ Cruiser and the 4-door Rubicon are both excellent vehicles that also have serious off-road capabilities and a manual transmission ... but I've made the right choice for me. Three other 6' 200lb guys can accompany me into oblivion for a 5-day canoe trip and return home again nothing but pleased with the Xterra. On the flipside, my 5'2" 100lb wife and my 4 and 7 year old children love it too. Soon I'll get some proper rock sliders that they can use as a step up into the truck. For a truck that you sit ON and command, and that will do almost anything, the Xterra is remarkably quiet and easy to drive in town and on the highway. High end stereo/CD/MP3/iPod helps too.

2008 Nissan Xterra
By Xtrapol8 on 02/15/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am completely satisfied. I can happily go canoeing virtually anywhere. X and I can return afterward to my wife and 2 small children and life is still great and still fully enabled. Make yourself a mat for the back (<$20). The Xterra's solid build quality, go-anywhere capability, versatile nature, and aggressive looks make it a must-drive if you're in the market. This vehicle is what it purports to be - a means to an end... any end I choose.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Xterra Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*