2008 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Pretty Nice truck
By kev2011 on 01/24/11 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ive been a maxima owner for the last 10 yrs and this is quite a switch. im starting a biz this spring and need the towing. i hope it is up to the task. the car rides nice for a truck but is uncomfortable for long drives which i do every day. the armrest makes me twist my body to use it. the seats are ok. the roof rattles over bumps. the stereo is not even close to the BOSE in a maxima. adjusting to much less creature comforts has taken some time, but i do like the truck. snow is no match for it. i pulled my 20ft boat with it this summer and hardly noticed i was towing anything. i hope its half as good as my maxima.

Better Than Expected..!
By RSchools on 04/27/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been test driving Xterras every year since their inception (2000?) and have always wanted one. When gas went to over $4.00 a gallon in Aug 08 I knew that it was a buyers market and purchased a new 08 for $18K even, or more than 9k off the sticker price -- WHAT A STEAL..!! Overall, I am exceptionally pleased with my Xterra. It gets 17+ mpg around town and just over 21 on the hwy. It is a very comfortable vehicle, even on long trips, and the versatility of the rear cargo area is wonderful. Some folks have complained about its interior plastic, but I luv it, as all it takes is a wet cloth to clean it in a snap. The only negative is that I didn't buy two of them when they were CHEAP!

Wow I Love this Xterra!
By Xtremely Happy on 02/27/09 11:29 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Decided on the Xterra after looking at Honda CR-V, Acura RDX, Toyota Highlander, etc. The Xterra may seem not fancy enough for some folks, but seriously it's got everything you need. I've been extremely pleased with this Xterra, it's such a great all round vehicle, easy to drive and not a ginormous vehicle. It's straightforward, drives great and has not given me one moment's trouble in 5 months of daily driving.

Love it!
By Wafubu on 09/12/08 01:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Hondas of which 2 were CR-v (07 and 08). Compared to the Xterra they didn't stand a chance. The Xterra is solidly built and they thought of everything. Also you get so many features compared to the Hondas and the Xterra is customizable. I really love mine. I've had it for 3 days so far, but I am really enjoying the ride. It's high up, visibility is great, and it's built so solid. No annoying rattles, etc. The plastic interior is very high quality and I feel that it's laid out perfect. Everything is in the right place. Power everything, mirrors, doors, windows. and it came with high quality mats even! I hope Nissan keeps up with not sacrificing quality.

Had to buy another one!
By Sam Vega on 03/28/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the first Xterra in May of 07. Loved it so much that my wife decided to trade in her Ford for another Xterra last month. "Fun to drive" is the best way to decribe it!

Loving my Xterra
By Daily Driver on 02/03/08 08:31 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased by Xterra in 12/07 and love driving it. The whole family fights to get to drive it places. On an average day I drive 50-80 freeway miles and 10-15 in the neighborhood. I am getting 22-23 mpg. I am getting better than expected, because I expected it to the 12-13 like my dad's Titan. TPremium fuel helps dramatically on the Nissans, and most Nissan owner manuals require it.

X-tra Special Xterra 2008
By Debbie on 01/03/08 10:25 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I truly love the way the X-Terra handles and drives compared to the 2003 I had. I like it being bigger and wider.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.